Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Dreams Of My Dead Son But Never See His Face.

I have lost two sons to Cancer. One 14 years ago at age 11 and one 2 years ago at age 7. I have dreams about the son I lost two years ago but never see his face. I see the back of him and he is always running away and when I get a glimpse of him it is the face of my son that died 14 years ago. I am wondering if anyone has had the same issue. I would like to know if this is an issue that is common.

Journey on

Online grief social network

The journey of Loss

I just wanted to let you know how very sorry I am for your loss. I can not relate to your dream. I don't know if it is normal. I just felt a need to let you know I heard you and I am so sorry for your loss.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Lynette I'm so sorry for your losses, I don't know about the dream either but I have a feeling it is common. I just wanted to reach out because it is hard enough to lose one child but two is unspeakable. My niece lost her baby a few weeks ago and she is still in terrible grief. I'm thimking of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Lynette im so so sorry for your losses, my dad died a few months ago and although i posted about seeing his face that was only the once and the majority of times I had a dream it would be like he was a robot, weird like it was him but wasnt really him I cant explain it. I could see him but not really make out his face and he wouldnt be alive in my dream

• 1 month later...

Lynette,I am so very sorry for your loss. I too lost my beloved son, Rob, in August 2009. I prayed and prayed to dream of him and only twice I have. About two weeks ago I finally had a dream about him and I saw him at the age of his death (24 years), and he looked soooo wonderful, but at the end of my dream he was a little boy and i just told him how much I loved him. I hope this happens for you. It was probably the first time I felt some peace. It was a feeling I hoped to have. He is always in my thoughts and my heart. I wish this for you. If you are a reader, please read the book The Shack. A friend of mine gave it to me in August 09, I read it but was too emotional to accept the message. I re-read it this month and I had this dream of my son, it was all I was wishing for. Wishing you peace.

Your friend in sorrow

Sue

• 1 month later...

I know another lady who lost two sons exactly the same ages of your two precious boys.Of a different illness though to your boys,but the same illness killed them to.They would be late teens early twenties now I think.If you want me to put you in touch with her send me a PM.