Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Something I Read To Give Me Peace-Answering Lainey

Guest NancyL

Lainey & all that are interested. I started out reading a Christian grief forum last night and someone mentioned reading a book 90 Minutes in Heaven. I searched to find out about the book, apparently it was written by a man who died in an auto accident, went to heaven, but returned to earth. In my search I came across a website that spoke of behind 90 Minutes in Heaven. I clicked on exerpts, there are 4 pages of categories that are in the book and also appear to be based on near death experiences of other people. It was extremely comforting for me, but I know not everyone has the same beliefs and I don't wish to push any of my beliefs on them. For those of you who would like to read further, the website is behind90minutesinheaven.com. I hope if you visit it, it brings you comfort too. Nancy

I've always been more or less agnostic. Spiritual and believing in some sort of afterlife, but without anchoring on any one religion. But someone recommended a book by a hospital surgeon named Jeffrey Long who has compiled recounts from years of research. It's called Evidence of the Afterlife: The Science of Near Death Experiences.

I don't know if it's any good or to be trusted. On the other hand, since none of us here have been dead, there is no real way to test what's right or wrong in this case. All we have is our faith and hope.

Melina

I read a similar book many years ago. I know many Christians would dispute it based on the "There is ONCE to die and after this the judgment" but it's hard to dispute someone else's experience. There is much we don't know and there seems to be a transition from this life to the next so I withhold judgment and consider there's a whole lot I don't know. The book I read was by Betty Malz, and was called My Glimpse of Eternity.

A website I have found interesting is http://www.nderf.org/. There are some fairly long-winded (but interesting) essays about near death experiences, and related topics, but it is comforting to read all the submissions (all follow a similar format because they are responding to form questions). A related website is http://www.adcrf.org/ - after death communications, same format as the near death website.

Korina