Grief Healing Discussion Groups

And I Love You So

As I rushed through last week, then hiked along on the National Trail Trek yesterday (15 tranquil miles), the same beautiful song has been playing through my mind. It is a repeating theme for me throughout my life that a song will be on my mind, and there it will stay until I go through my collection, or find it online and play it. I have this CD, but think people here will identify with this beautiful song. It is one of my favorites, because it so perfectly captures my feelings about Tanya.

I hope you love it as I do.

This song is present tense, but the sentiment is timeless. ~ Steve

Performance captured live: http://tinyurl.com/ld8luy

Recorded version with captioned lyrics: http://tinyurl.com/6ebljub

And I love you so.

The people ask me how,

How I've lived till now.

I tell them I don't know.

I guess they understand

How lonely life has been.

But life began again

The day you took my hand.

And, yes, I know how lonely life can be.

The shadows follow me, and the night won't set me free.

But I don't let the evening get me down

Now that you're around me.

And you love me, too.

Your thoughts are just for me;

You set my spirit free.

I'm happy that you do.

The book of life is brief

And once a page is read,

All but love is dead.

That is my belief.

And, yes, I know how loveless life can be.

The shadows follow me, and the night won't set me free.

But I don't let the evening bring me down

Now that you're around me.

And I love you so.

The people ask me how,

How I've lived till now.

I tell them, "i don't know."

© BENNY BIRD MUSIC; MUSIC CORPORATION OF AMERICA

Now, back to studying...

Dear Steve,

Thank you for sharing so very much. Thank you also for including a recorded version with captioned lyrics! It moved me to tears thinking on how well it depicts my feelings about Melissa as well! Love never dies! To have loved and been loved...I could not be more blessed!

I did something hard today...very very hard...and to come home...log on and see your post and hear this song...and to read the words...to be reminded of the love Melissa and I had for each other....oh just what I needed!

Thank you so much!

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Thank you for sharing that, it is very poignant.

Today I did a lot of thinking about George. I spent the afternoon picking up limbs from windstorms, it was hard work and I worked up a sweat. I guess I'm missing George by my side...and of course I know if he was alive, the transmission would already be fixed in my truck. I just miss him. There is no one who has ever cared about me like he did. I find that most of the time I try not to think too hard, I try to hold it at bay a bit, just to make it more manageable. But some days like today it gets through. Then I have to shut it off or it hurts too deeply. How have I survived 5 1/2 years without him? I will never forget the moment they came to tell me...four doctors together, I remember thinking "this is how it feels in the military when you see two of them coming to your door" and I wanted to stop them. They didn't have to say a word, I just cried out, "Not my husband!!!" It was the most gut wrenching cry anyone ever let out. You could hear me clear down the hall, I'm sure. How did I survive from that day until this? I don't know, one day at a time I guess. Time just passes...it doesn't ask permission, it just does it's thing.

I don't know how we've made it this far Kay (me at 5 yrs.) I guess someone is watching over us. I know the "scream" too and that day will forever be in my mind. I know you miss George and having him by your side. Like you said, its knowing someone had your back, they were there for you, no matter what... it is hard in this world without them. Sending a hug your way, Deborah