Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Irritable

julienne

Hi all -

I'm back after a couple years; my mom died in 2007 and my dad passed away a month ago. He had been declining for awhile and I think we all knew last fall that his days were numbered. He died suddenly of a heart attack; no pain, and my brother was with him at the end. All my family came together for the funeral and staying together for the week after. Now, I'm starting to have trouble.

I went through a long awful bereavement when my mom died. This time, I vowed I would accept the grief and not make too many demands on myself. I know I can't do as much for my own family (husband and teenagers) as I want to, and have made some adjustments. However, there's days like today where I'm just so irritable it seems like my skin is burning! I feel like something has taken me over. I'm not under any extra pressure, but the normal occasional stressors seem overwhelming.

Does exercise help? I've been on antidepressants for a couple years, and my doctor made a recent adjustment that seems to help me with fatigue issues. I don't want to go back to sleeping all the time like I did when my mom died, so I'm making an effort to maintain a regular daily schedule.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.