Grief Healing Discussion Groups

One Month Today. . .

At 10:35 this morning it will have been one month since I lost my beautiful Grandma. I can still hear my cousins' wife on the phone, "You need to get over her right away." Me - "Is she gone?" Chealsea - "Yes". I feel so guilty - why didn't I get up earlier and go over there. I was getting the kids ready to go when she called - I just slept in that morning - WHY!?!? Why didn't I visit her more. Why didn't I put the older two on the bus then just put the twins in the van - pj's and all - and have coffee with her every morning. She only lived 10 miles away - why didn't I do it? I didn't want to impose - even though I know it never would have been an imposition for my Grandma - she wouldn't have cared. The twins could have destroyed her house and she wouldn't have cared - all she ever wanted was our time.

I miss her so much it hurts. I can't breathe. I want to throw up. I don't want to believe she is gone. I love you Grnamda - I am so sorry. All the loneliness and pain - I wish I could take it away! I would do anything to get one minute back with you. . .

Guest Nicholas

Guilt is a normal reaction and part of the grieving process, but essentially a negative and pointless emotion. It can't - and doesn't - change anything, so please don't feel guilty, you know your Grandma loved you and you loved her and that is all that matters.

Take care.

Nicholas

Babypod, I'm so sorry. I think we all go through this guilt part of the process. I beat myself up for not going to visit my mom during my lunch breaks -- I'm only 10 minutes away from my parents' house and I hate my job, so why didn't I go over there and eat lunch with her? She would have loved the company. I told myself I didn't want to impose and bother her if she was sleeping (which she usually was), but I can't let it go now. I feel like a "bad" daughter for not going to see her more -- even though I went every day after work! It's irrational, but we all do irrational things when we're grieving.

Erin

Hi, My situation was a little different. My mom and dad just live a few blocks away and walk to my house every day . Even in the winter, Rick use to find it an inconvience when they stopped in or when his parents stopped in. I loved it. I told him to enjoy it because one day they would not be here and then he would regret it. Little did I know that i would be Rick leaving us and our parents missing him. Mrs.B