Grief Healing Discussion Groups

It Just Never Seems To Get Better

teeek

I don't know how to move on? Staying in the same place where my loved ones has gone, is just not comfortable. Am still on my first move trying to forget about them but it's hard. I brake down whenever I start to think about them. Literally brake down. Once I start to think about them I cried for 2 weeks straight non-stop! I'm very sensitive at this. :'( I miss them so much! <3 Advice from others is just hard to get... Day-by-day the grieving starts shrinking in,so that's why. I don't know what to do. WHEN CAN I FEEL NORMAL AGAIN?

Teeek, dear, I'm so sorry to learn of all the significant losses you've endured, and all I can think is that I hope you're not trying to figure all this out by yourself and on your own. Are your parents aware of how you're feeling? What about your teachers? How did you learn of your principal's death? Is there a counselor at your school or someone in your family (or a friend, neighbor, clergy person) you trust who could sit down and listen to what you're thinking and feeling about all these losses? I'm so grateful that you've found your way to us, but I must tell you that it's also important that you find someone (in person) with whom you can work your way through all of this grief. This is way too much to be trying to handle all by yourself. It's also important to understand that much of what you're feeling is normal, given the losses you've endured. That's why it helps to read about normal grief and to talk with others who are grieving their own losses, such as the people you would find in a grief support group.

I'm going to point you to some online resources, but I also hope that you'll find an adult in your own circle who can help you find whatever "in person" grief resources are available in your own community.

Grief Speak: Hospice of the Valley's Teen Grief Support Program and Resources

Child Mourning the Death of Her Cat

Grief Speaks

Hello Grief: A Place to Share and Learn about Grief and Loss

Straight Talk About Death for Teenagers (Book by Earl A. Grollman)

I don't know how to move on? Staying in the same place where my loved ones has gone, is just not comfortable. Am still on my first move trying to forget about them but it's hard. I brake down whenever I start to think about them. Literally brake down. Once I start to think about them I cried for 2 weeks straight non-stop! I'm very sensitive at this. :'( I miss them so much! <3 Advice from others is just hard to get... Day-by-day the grieving starts shrinking in,so that's why. I don't know what to do. WHEN CAN I FEEL NORMAL AGAIN?

thank you Marty! i would love to talk and I have tried but people just don't seem to care and I have a fear of showing my emotions to other people and that am afraid to hear "you'll feel better, hang in there".

That's why it helps so much to be with others who've experienced significant loss, Teeek. You will never hear comments like that from a person who has lost a loved one, and if you're with an adult who knows something about the normal grief process, you won't hear statements like that, either.