Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Seasons And Holidays

Well, all was going well with my publication deadline until 30 minutes before the deadline. Within 45 minutes 5 people suddenly want to place an ad, have no clue how to create one...on and on and on it goes. It happens most months that 1 or 2 do this but today, when I was exhausted, of course, they all go nuts at once. I hope to get this to bed within the hour and then go to an Italian dinner with friends....The hammers have stopped. It is quiet out there...maybe they all went home :)

Mary mfh

Thanks for the greetings folks. In my case, I first have Valentine's Day, then my birthday on February 15 and then our anniversary on March 2nd. Every year there were 3 cards on the table by the day before Valentine's day. Each one of them had money or gift cards in them. He always wanted me to open them all at once and we playfully argued about that each year. Last year there were no cards and I'm learning to live with the fact that there won't ever be cards again. They said everything he couldn't say so I know he spent a lot of time picking them out.

I'm starting to feel overwhelmed and I know I should try to relax. However, it seems everything is happening at once. Things around the house he did never get done unless I hire someone because my son never comes over. I know he has his own family but this hurts me very much. Also is the fact that I have to pay someone to do the chore because I've already tried and failed miserably.

Does anyone else have this problem or am I the only one?

Don't feel like giving anybody Christmas presents this year (giving money anyway) because even my grandchildren don't come around. I was a "hands on" grandma and took them everywhere. I hope the holidays get over quick.

Love to all,

blw

Yes, blw, I have to hire especially since I tore a rotator cuff muscle a year ago and am still dealing with it. Of course it is my left shoulder and i am left handed. I hire someone to do a lot. When Bill was alive he did things before i knew they were broken...and could fix or do ANYthing...anything. Thrived on the challenge. I am giving my family gifts from heifer.org. I do not feel like giving gifts with the tension so will give them heifer.org gifts as my family does not need things and the people who gets these chicks, lambs, bees, etc. really need these. It is less personal. I am sorry your kids and grandkids abandoned you. It is so hard to understand. Bill wrote hundreds of poems, most to me, over the years and I miss those surprises at my coffee or on my pillow...and the cards...we exchanged cards every month on the 22, our wedding day...I have hundreds and I cherish them as there will be no more. Bottom line, you do not have to look far on here to find people struggling with the same thing you are dealing with be it family issues, fixing things, etc. We are all in this together. Peace, Mary mfh

I love this place! I missed being on here because yesterday I was traveling to Portland to pick up my new-to-me 1989 Nissan 4WD pickup that I need to get through the winter snow. We arrived to discover it was not in running condition as stated (auctions are no refund even if they misrepresented it) and after my son checked things out to see what's wrong with it, we ended up having to call a tow truck to haul it back to his place in Corvallis...it cost me another $200 after the insurance paid their part of the tow. I was gone 13 1/2 hours and exhausted by the end of the day! My son will use his meters and tools as time permits to figure out what the problems are, we suspect the fuel injection system or sensor, and also suspect the master cylinder is going out. Ahh well, it'll be nice when it is running...

blw, are those a call sign? A friend of mine is a ham radio operator and he has letters and numbers to his sign...just wondered if one was your husband's and one was yours. Welcome to this site, it is a good place to come to where you can be understood and cared about. This is a very supportive group! I'm sorry for the reason for your being here, losing your spouse is definitely among the top most difficult things one can survive.

Mary, I am so happy for you getting your studio! What a great friend you have! She surely understands, having suffered two losses so close together. I hope this will be a place of comfort and inspiration to you. It is how I feel about my cardmaking room, where, incidentally, I DO have a wood stove burning and a large patio door I can look out of and see the elk and deer as they approach the apple trees. I love it here, but I know my days are numbered here as I cannot continue to keep this place if I can't find a job with enough $ to pay the mortgage. I have learned to enjoy what is for today though, regardless of what is around the corner for tomorrow. One of the lessons of having experienced grief with all of it's many adjustments and lessons.

Becky, I love the carrot cake idea, I wish I was one of your neighbors! :)