Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Anyone Still Call Their Loved One

Babypod

I know this sounds strange - but when I really need to talk to my Grandma I still call her number. I get the, "This number is no longer in service" recording - but before that picks up I always have a moment of hope that somehow it will ring and she will pick and say "Hello." Sometimes I even talk to the recording like it is her. . . . Anyone else do this?

I do not actually dial a number but I talk out loud to Bill frequently. It is all just a way of making as much contact as we can. I have his greeting message from his cell phone on my cell in a file. I rarely listen to it but it comforts me that it is there. Peace, mary

• 1 month later...

I do not actually dial a number but I talk out loud to Bill frequently. It is all just a way of making as much contact as we can. I have his greeting message from his cell phone on my cell in a file. I rarely listen to it but it comforts me that it is there. Peace, mary

That's what I thought of when I saw "call." I lost my loved one last year and still talk, out loud, to her - often with tears, but not always. I also still have a voicemail from her I want to keep somehow but my cell will be going away soon and not sure how to save it. I also have a few (far too few) videos of her so I will still be able to hear her voice.

Dear God I miss her so much.

I took Bill's phone into the cell phone office and they put his greeting on a CD for me and on my phone. I live in a small town and the folks know us so that may have made it easier. I think if you went in, they could at least show you how to save the message. I wish I had saved more of his voice as that was what drew me to him.

Mary

I do anything to be close to him again this is so sad!! I am so lonely

• 2 months later...

I did that when my Sister in law passed away. I still want to go to the phone and just hear her voice and talk. I do though journal and sometimes that helps because I write to her as if she was in the room. It is hard when you cant here there voice and want to so badly.

I talk to my Arthur all the time. Mostly when my daughter is asleep. She told me it kind of freaks her out when I talk about him as if he is still here. I also called his cellphone right after he died to tell him I loved him.