Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Monday - October 17th - Thoughts

I have highly recommended the little book Healing After Loss by Martha Hickman in the past.

Its daily readings have been a great help to me for the first six months of my grieving.

Just like life, some days’ messages are more meaningful to me than others, but today’s was especially helpful.

Martha tells us that “If we didn’t love them, we wouldn’t care so much.”

She adds “…. down the road, our gratitude for the life of the person will far outstrip the terrible grief that at first seems to take up the whole landscape of our lives.”

I trust that she is right and look forward to that time.

I agree with her when she writes:

“I am grateful, from the bottom of my heart, that I have shared the life of my loved one. And I trust that someday my happiness, as I remember our life together, will far outweigh the grief I feel now.”

I feel compelled to share these thoughts with you to start off this week. I hope that your week is a good one. smile.gif

Thoughts for Saturday, October 22nd

From the same book, Martha writes:

"...when we let ourselves brood about past events or think about the future times when we shall miss our loved one so sharply, then we are in real trouble! The past - as we know only too well is over. The future is unknowable."

"So, as much as we are able, let's limit our concerns to this day only"

That's good avice in my opinion. I hope everyone who reads this has a good, or at least, better day today. smile.gif

Dear Walt c

I come to this board to read your thoughts. You always inspire and give us hope. I really feel truly blessed that I had 46 wonderful years with my husband and each and every one of them were happy beyond compare. I am trying to remember that when I get sad and lonely and it helps to get me out of my depression. Your words of hope for the future help to get thru the day. One day at a time.

Your Jeannie was a very fortunate woman to have such a caring man. Thank you again for your words of encouragement.

Grace

ONLY YOU

7/1/38-10/20/04