Grief Healing Discussion Groups

The Iron Lady

I went with a girl friend (I use that word loosely since we are both senior citizens+) to see the Iron Lady today. Meryl Streep was just outstanding as usual. The way the flashbacks and what she is imagining were handled were also outstanding and moving. The themes are many in number and at the top of the list if the grief of the loss of her husband...also aging...dementia...equality of women...left vs right...war...middle class survival....and more. The focus on grief took me by surprise, caused many tears, but was also comforting. I would say do not miss this film. Bill and I both adored Meryl Streep and spent some time in England, especially in London, so it was, in many ways, a journey back. I was emotionally exhausted at the end of it for the feelings and tears it evoked. As I sit in the middle of a tsunami, I actually found the movie healing...because tears are healing...because seeing a movie on grief is weirdly healing.

Peace

Mary

I live so far from a theater, I will probably wait until it's out on DVD, but definitely want to see it. Meryl Streep is one of my favorite actresses, she does an amazing job with such a variety of themes. I'm glad to hear you liked it!

I might see it again later. So much happening in it and frankly I was not as well informed about Thatcher as I might have been. Whenever you see it, do not miss it. Mary

I watched the golden globes awards Sunday night with some friends, and saw some scenes from "The Iron Lady", Meryl Streep won best actress award. She is an amazing talent, I am looking forward to seeing the movie soon.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

I did not see the awards but glad she won....she was spectacular...and the dementia was played quite accurately as well the loss of her husband. Mary