Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Starting A New Therapist Today

Hi All,

Just wanted you all to know that I am still alive and doing okay, I have decided to go see another therapist... A matter of fact I see her in a couple of hours and boy am I ever nervous... I can not believe I will be seeing my fourth therapist since everything has started with me on this journey... Wish me luck and pray for me... Shelley

Shelley, this is great news. So glad you pursued this and that you found a therapist. I know it is a bit intimidating to start over but glad you are. I wish you the best...Peace, Mary mfh

Hi All, Yes I saw the new therapist and it went okay, I am seeing another one tomorrow because I want to make sure this time I have one who will be with me a while during my journey... Thanks for all your replies... shelley

Good for you. Taking charge of the decision is important. I wish you the best....Mary

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Well it has been a month since I left my last therapist and I have been seeing two other therapists... I have now decided to stop seeing one therapist and I am staying with the one who I feel more comfortable with... So now the real work starts and I am now starting to have more panic attacks... How sad... Shelley

Shelley, I wish you much peace. I've had panic attacks too although not so recently thankfully. When I get them I just think to myself to hang on real tight, let the feelings out, go with them and try to take it one second at a time and just know that the panic will end, it will pass so hopefully you can trust that.

((hugs)))

Ni