Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Life Going On?

I believe that we create a life with God and those whom depend on us. We are all that is truly standing between our children, if we have any, and insanity. My 2 girls harbor no anomosity or anger, saddness because their mother and grandfather whom was really like their "true" father are gone, 2 years apart yet. Although, they know that they are in no pain and never feel saddness in Heaven. The reason I "go on" is for them and their futures, my cousin lost his wife only a month after I did. They had no children and he is very lonely and is able to isolate himself more... he lives far from me and finances are not where we can get together unless through internet. We "release " to an extent on each other, but other than old memories and grief can't truly understand even how the other moves on... maybe we are not moving on...maybe we just find things to take our minds from things for the moment... but the thoughts and saddness our loved ones are not still with us. This post may not make sense... bit writing it kind of does to me... and yet again confuses me more. Pain, a fact of life, yet without feeling it how would we know how happy we once were? zeeks

I guess I don't really understand what you are writing, but in your caption it says "does it or do we create it?". I think you hit on something there...I think to a large extent, life is what we make it and when we have a loss this great, only we can create a life worth living afterwards. For most of us that is a bit of a struggle to say the least. And some of us have tried and not gotten very far. But we have to do our best with it, what else can we do?

I have not lost a parent to be able to relate to what your children or my daughter are experiencing from their loss of such love. I know my daughter seems to hold herself together much better than I do and I have seen how she has become more of her mother's daughter now, than her daddy's girl, over the past 8 months. I know it troubles me when I can't share things that only a mother and daughter can share. This is an emotional trigger that makes me cry when I think of how much more time she will have without her mother. However, I do know that I will be there to love her and provide her with as much support as a father can give his child.

Anthony

maybe we are not moving on...maybe we just find things to take our minds from things for the moment.

That very well could be...