Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Missing Him

My fiancee suddenly passed on 6/24/12. I was just starting to live with the fact that my brother, who passed 2/9/12 suddenly is no longer here. Now I feel as if my world has been turned upsidedown. We have a 13 year old daughter who at times I feel like she is the parent. Some days I just feel like I can't function, other days I go through the motions. I was stuffing all the pain and anger and all those other feelings we feel when something like this happens deep inside. Then 2 weeks ago they came out with a vengence. I put myself in outpatient therapy which just wasn't what I was looking for so I left after a week. I didn't sleep those first 3 days when things finally came to a head and was all over the internet looking for help. I ordered a good book which helps me feel like Im not crazy. I just miss him so much I don't know how to move on. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut I can't climb out of. He was my world now my world feels empty. I can't go through his things yet, that is just to final. I feel like I'm weak for being like this. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated, Patti.

Patti,

I'm sorry, I know it's hard, it's likely the hardest thing you'll ever have to experience. That doesn't make you weak. You have found a safe place here, Marty is good at finding just the right thing for us to read, and everyone shares their journey with the others. Have you tried a grief support group? That might be of some help to you right now too.

How is your daughter holding up? Have you gotten any help for her?

No need to go through his things yet, that'll wait. Right now, just take a deep breath and one day at a time.

(((hugs)))

Kay