Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Barely Hanging On

Everything reminds me of my dad, there is no escaping the pain. I don’t want anyone to worry about me yet how does nobody notice I’m barely hanging on. I find that I cry myself to sleep and wake up balling my eyes out having to return to reality. I dream of the accident that took my father, the blood, the smell, and the sight of my dad weak. Seems like there is no escape anywhere at this point. I miss happiness, the moments where everything appears to be perfect. The laughter that once took over my soul, now rarely seems to come alive. I have friends and family to support me but for some reason I feel alone. My dad was the one I went to in difficult times, so who do I go to now that he’s gone? I really hope that things get better, because I’m tired of all of this. I love you dad!

I'm sorry you're hurting...that's how I felt when my husband died. Grief can make us feel very alone, even surrounded by people. Hang in there, it does take time to get used to your new life but it won't always feel this intense.