Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Ever Since My Mother Passed Away...

Hello its been a long time since I have posted. When my mother passed away on December 26, 2010 I was living in my own apartment. Due to circumstances beyond my control, my children and I are now living with my father. Ever since my mother passed away, Ive been treated like hired help instead of a member of the family. My father is literally obsessed with my sister. He was the way before my mother passed away but now its even worse. Now that my mother is gone, he makes it very clear that he prefers my sister over me and has told her she is "better " than me. He goes on vacation with her, goes out to dinner etc. The only thing he wants to know from me is "Is there anymore icecream..or can you get me some more sodas when you go to the store.." We have a home health attendant for my Dad, he treats me no different than he treats her. I work from home and I have three children. Even before I moved in, he would call me only because he wanted me to do something, but when it comes to doing any sort of fun family t things l. my children and I are not included. The only time we were included was when I planned a surprise birthday dinner for my sister. My mother made sure I was treated kindly. She took alot of time with me and my girls. My father only cares about my sister. Im feeling very depressed and miserable living in this house. Ive never had a good relationship with my father. My mother and I were very close. Has anyone else's relationship with the surviving parents gotten worse...Thanks for listening.

I have not experienced this, but I wonder, have you brought this up to him and just come out and asked him about it?

Personally, I think I'd focus on trying to get a place of my own to live in so I wasn't continually slapped with this attitude. Have you explored every avenue?