Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Has A Month Really Passed

The calendar says a little over thirty days have passed.My feels like it has been three. I would like to tell you about my sweet Kermit.He loved music and actually played the guitar, harmonica , keyboard and the autoharp. He loved fishing and just being outdoors. He was a good cook thus I now have to learn to do this again after 21 years. He had such a joy for life and a love for our Lord Jesus. He taught me that I was worth something and was very special to him.When I met him I was a broken mess. Through his love he showed me how precious and treasured I was. He never met a stranger they were just someone he hadn't met yet.

When we got married he was my third husband and I was his second wife. I had just a year before lost my second husband to cancer. We had only been married a year before he died. Kermit showed me what love really was. He bought me my wedding gown because I never had on with my previous weddings. At our engagement dinner he bought me my dress, shoes and jewelry. He said he wanted me to feel special. I have felt that way for 21 years. Now you all know a little bit about my sweetheart.

post-17244-0-75180200-1427369308_thumb.j

post-17244-0-52417300-1427369319_thumb.j

I am sorry you lost your Kermit, it sounds like the Lord blessed you with a very special man, like the sun shined on you...God knew you were special and set out to show you just how much. I wish our time could go on endlessly this way, I wish there was no end to our being here together, husband and wife, blissfully happy in love with each other. But it seems God calls one of us home, in a year, in ten years, in twenty, and it matters not how long a time, but the quality of relationship is what really mattered. It sounds like the two of you lived to the fullest, appreciating and experiencing the joy of each other. It is a huge adjustment, learning to do life without their physical presence right here, but it's been ten years for me since my George passed, and I've learned to reach inside and find him there...his exuberance, his zest for life, his love, his caring, the light in his eyes for me, the way he held me and made me feel so loved and safe, protected. His belief in me, his faith in me continues, and gets me through the storms of life, helps me face what I must. His spirit still with me as I've faced losing a job, big decisions, losing my beloved pets, going through dementia with my mom, you name it. I could not have gotten through these things had my George's love not still been with me, long after his physical body gave up the ghost. We have been blest, and is it no wonder we have more to miss than some...

I hope you find the comfort and encouragement here that I have found. Welcome to this site, to our "family"...here we care for each other and help each other go on. I hope you will continue to come here and post, I've found it helps to lend expression to what I am feeling and experiencing.

I am so sorry you are experiencing the pain of grief. My husband; my best friend passed away on February 15th at 1:27pm. Grief is overwhelming me and I am living in a fog. I think about Phillip every moment of everyday. Everywhere I look I see him and the memories come rushing in and the tears flow. I keep thinking something must be wrong with me for feeling this pain. My heart hurts.

Your Kermit sounds like a wonderful man.

Tatiana,

I am sorry you also lost your husband. No, nothing is wrong with you...how could you not feel pain, it is part of the adjustment to such a huge encompassing loss! I hope you'll start a thread and tell us a little more about your Phillip...