Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Unbearable Anquish

Hello, my friends.

I was told Friday that my nephew is dead. He is 22 years old and the incredible son of the two nicest people I know. I was finally able to be with them today. My niece doesn't know how to get through the days. I told her we don't. We only get through seconds then minutes. My brother and his wife are devastated. She apologized, in her anquish, for not knowing what to say when my husband died last year. We don't know and I will never again hold it against anyone, because until it is experienced, how do you know how horrific it feels to lose someone loved so much? And after going through it, yet again, who would wish this on their worst enemy?

As I wondered out loud how we would ever get through this, I again realized, there is only one way. For me it is faith and prayer. I have deep faith, but today think that God has made one mistake. Why are we given only one heart, when it can be ripped and torn apart without warning, in a moments time? We should have been given a spare. Please pray for us.

Love,

Kath

Kath

I am so sorry that you are going through this heartbreak again. Even though you have experience in grief this will be totally different and your brother is probably going to rely on you which will be an additional weight on you. Know that we are all praying for you and your family.

Kath, dear ~ I'm so sorry to learn this terrible news. How horrible for all of you. The way you will get through this is by doing it together, with your family and with the rest of us, one moment at a time. Of course you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers . . .

Oh Kath I'm terribly sorry to hear of the loss of your nephew. Yes it sure does seem to be unbearable. And his poor parents and sis... just tragic this is.

Of course you have my prayers for all of you.

May your faith continue to sustain you and give all of you the graces needed to endure this.

leeann

Thank you. We will get through this together. It's still such an unbelievable shock. I'm hoping my experience will help. So far, my sisters have tried to delegate each other to go through pictures and retrieve his mail. I was able to tell them, as hard as those things were for me, they were also good for me to do. At the time, I didn't think I could look through pictures for a memory board. But Bob's daughter and I did it together and while we weren't spared the tears, we were able to laugh together and recall the fun times in our life. It was nice to see that smiling face when all my brain could wrap around was the jaundiced face in a hospital bed.

And the mail isn't something that has to be dealt with immediately. It was a process and each letter that arrived with Bob's name kept me connected to who he was. In time, I was able to cancel the cards and such, when I was ready to let go. I don't know if they will listen, but I will try to help as much as I can.

I appreciate your prayers so very much!

Love,

Kath