Grief Healing Discussion Groups

We made it through another holiday!

Gin that exactly what I was thinking I thought today would be an emotional break down day but it was like every other day without Kevin not any extra pain yes I cried alittle but that is still usually a daily thing it is just somewhat controllable now ( though not always) you see today I realized that even though I lost my Kevin I was luckier than alot of people, he blessed me with his love and with an amazing family that I will always be thankful to him for and today at work a close co-worker of mine told me that my manager just lost her father yesterday I told her how much I feel for her and her mother you see even though I have never met my managers mother I know what she is going through yes it would be first Thanksgiving without our husbands for both of us but I have had time to accept him being gone even though the pain is always there, she is probably having a much harder time than me, anyways sorry to ramble, I hope everyone was able to have some peace and comfort today in their own way, our loved ones were here with us like they always are in spirit sharing in the day, now just have to survive Christmas hugs to all.

• Upvote 3

I was very tempted to stay in bed and not face the occasion...but, I didn't. Had a nice dinner with my son in laws family here in Indy...took a trip with my daughter and grand daughter to Michigan to visit Kev's sis and her family...on Sat...we had some great talks ...nice dinner there with everyone ..then our car's battery died at Dunkin Donuts..the local police office came and gave us a jump..and we made it home...what is life without an adventure paired with a hiccup???

Christmas was Kev's fave Holiday...

Mason is 3... He will be fun...and grandpa won't be there....sigh...

One day at a time,

Marie

• Upvote 3