Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Spiritualist

has anyone seen a spiritualist? if so were they genuine?.

I am desperate for a sign that my mum is at peace.I wondered if anyone had gone down this path.If so how did it work out?WAS it a waste of money or did it help.

I miss my mum so much .

amanda

Amanda,

I know that feeling well, of desperation to 'talk to' your mom again. I waited 2 years until I had a reading done with my Mom, and by a communicator I'd used several times before and who even the police in her State had used for murder cases. You can read about my reaction under the thread "Psychic Reading With My Mom.....?" under this forum ( Parent )( I've forgotten how to do a direct link again ) to see how it went for ME. It ended up not being what I expected and I'm now furious with my Mom! On the other hand, I've read of many others who got much healing and relief from readings, but I don't know who they used. There are seldom any guarantees with mediums, although I did have one animal communicator once who didn't charge you if the spirit she brought through didn't seem to be the one you were trying to contact - it wasn't, and she waived her fee for me.

Also, I've read of two women who attend Spiritualist Churches regularly and it's helped them both, as they do free communications during some services - not pre-arranged ones, though - if you get one, you get one...depends who 'comes through' during the service. Even though I believe highly in this type of thing, I still use my inner skeptic when trying to assess if it was accurate or not, as I think alot of people grab onto whatever comment is made and incorrectly extrapolate the whole reading from there. I don't. If 3/4's of it jibes, then okay ( although even one comment might still be incorrect ), but I usually look for specific validations that no one could have known about in advance. Unfortunately, the best way to find someone is by word of mouth, rather than ads. The woman I used to use a few years ago is unfortunately not able to work again yet, otherwise I'd recommend her to you...but I'm waiting for her return, too. There's also a site called "The Genuine and Legitimate Psychic Mediums List" where the author rated several ones in the US, and I looked into one of them once, but the fee was quite high, so I didn't pursue it further.

hi maylissa

Im sorry it didnt go well for you.Maybe one day i will give it a go but i am worried about a negetive ending to it.

Unfortunatly being english doesnt help,people tend not to talk about thier feelings expecting you to have a stiff upper lip and all that british bull,why cant people be more like americans,thoughtful,considerate and caring.

I guess ive just seen the good side,what i can remember from when i lived in springfield missouri when i was a kid and from holidays to the usa.

But i do believe american people are the nicest.

thank for your input

from amanda

Hi Amanda,

:lol::lol: I'm actually Canadian! :lol::lol: So we're actually more 'related' than otherwise, seeing as we're so linked to the Brits.. ;) And besides...you have that WONDERFUL show from the BBC called "Barking Mad" which uses animal behaviourists and other experts to help all the furred and feathered creatures through their OWN human-created crises. It disappeared from our regular cable stations this year, and I'm missing it so!!

Edited by Maylissa

hi maylissa ,

I AM SO SORRY,i guess i should look closer,I have learnt my lesson,so PLEASE PLEASE exect my apology.

I havent seen Barking Mad for a while either,Great program.

How are canadians at expressing thierselves?are they more like thew english or americans?.

from a very apologetic amanda

Amanda,

No apology needed! :D I didn't take any offense whatsoever. In my opinion, we Canadians are probably somewhat of a cross between the Brits and the Americans, in that we're not quite as unreserved as Americans, but neither are we stodgy like the English. Having said that, though, that's a really big generalization, as Canada is quite the melting pot of diverse cultures, many from European countries and all over the world, really. I'm of mixed stock myself, from my grandparents who all came from Europe. And of course, you'll find people of all types overall here. I'm personally more expressive than most people I know, but that's just me. :closedeyes:

Guest Kathy B

Hi Amanda,

I lost my sweet mother on February 8th and like you, really wanted to find out if she is ok. I found an amazing spiritual medium named Tara Night. She has a website www.taranight.com She is canadian and has a radio show in Canada. Anyway, you can go to her site and read about her and even sign up for a telephone reading from her. I did and I was amazed at her accuracy. She got full names of my family members and messages from both of my parents for me and my siblings. She is very genuine and loving with a great sense of humor. You will find your reading with her to be very healing. At least it was for me. Best of luck.

Kathy

I've been to a few spiritualism seminars and have met good spiritualists. I've really gotten interested in the subject and have thought about joining a spiritualist group myself. But I haven't actually had one-on-one contact with any of them outside of a group/seminar setting. For me, I'm searching for the right one whom I feel comfortable with, etc. I find seminars are a great opportunity to see their work unfold. Some have been really really impressive. I also agree that word of mouth/referral is a good way too.

Kathy B,

I'm very sorry you, too, lost your mom, and your dad, but I'm glad you got a reading that you're happy with. Thanks so much for posting this woman's name here - I intend to check her site out further. You said:

"I was amazed at her accuracy. She got full names of my family members and messages from both of my parents for me and my siblings."

If I might ask, I'm wondering a few things...

Did she ask you ANY leading questions at all, before or during the reading? Did you get to ask any specific questions of your passed loved ones? Were these full names of those living or passed, that Tara got? Did you get to specify which loved one(s) you wanted to hear from? Were the messages to each person very personal, ie, validations that these could be from no one other than your parents, and going to the specific people involved? In other words, was there a lot of lovely,'flowery' language used, but not as much concrete evidence that was very specific to people &/or circumstances?

Any further light you can shed on this woman's accuracy would be GREATLY appreciated!

Edited by Maylissa

Guest Kathy B

Kathy B,

I'm very sorry you, too, lost your mom, and your dad, but I'm glad you got a reading that you're happy with. Thanks so much for posting this woman's name here - I intend to check her site out further. You said:

"I was amazed at her accuracy. She got full names of my family members and messages from both of my parents for me and my siblings."

If I might ask, I'm wondering a few things...

Did she ask you ANY leading questions at all, before or during the reading? Did you get to ask any specific questions of your passed loved ones? Were these full names of those living or passed, that Tara got? Did you get to specify which loved one(s) you wanted to hear from? Were the messages to each person very personal, ie, validations that these could be from no one other than your parents, and going to the specific people involved? In other words, was there a lot of lovely,'flowery' language used, but not as much concrete evidence that was very specific to people &/or circumstances?

Any further light you can shed on this woman's accuracy would be GREATLY appreciated!

Guest Kathy B

Hi Maylissa,

When you go to Tara Night's website, she will explain to you how she works. But I told her absolutely nothing about myself, nor did I ask any questions until she was finished giving me information that she was picking up. When she called she said that all she knew was my name. Then she asked me my birth date. That is it. Then she started reading me. I knew she was good when the very first thing she picked up on me was that I was involved in health in a big way. She said something like, "I'm not only getting your health but that you are concerned with the health and well being of others." Bingo! I am a chiropractor. After she spoke about my career for a few minutes, the very next thing she said is something like "I'm picking up your father, has he crossed over?" Bingo! Yes. Then she started giving me a message from him that sounded just like him and that was a reflection on how our relationship had been during his lifetime. In essence, he was trying to make things better between us and his message sounded so much like him. Then she asked me who was Dave. She said the actual name, Dave. That is my husband who my father never met. Then she asked who was Mark. That is my brother. She never asked me any questions other than how each name she was hearing from my father was related to me. Incredible! My father came through first and also acknowledged his three sisters by name that are deceased. The only one she could only get an initial for was the name Jessie, so she said who is the big J name that has importance in the month of April. My Aunt Jessie was born and died in April. After my Dad said what he wanted to say, he brought through my mother. Tara explained that my father was very strong in his communication and said it seemed like he had crossed over a long time ago. He has been deceased for nearly 7 years. My mom had only passed 4 weeks before this reading so she was ushered in by my dad. Tara was able to pick up that my mom had several strokes and picked up on what an unconditionally loving lady she is. Both of my parents sent a lot of love to me, then Tara said, out of the blue, "Your mother hears you talking to her." I had been talking to her outloud ever since she died. Then she said "your mom is telling me she will try to come through in your dreams." The unique thing about that is that when my mom was dying, I leaned over and whispered in her ear that I hoped she would come visit me in my dreams!! My mother then brought through names of her siblings that she wanted to send love to. Once again, Tara got the full names and even picked up that one of my mother's brothers has lost both of his legs to a disease and that my mother is concerned about him. When she was finished giving the information she was receiving, she let me as questions.

I hope this information helps you decide what to do. Tara said that my family was unusually strong and clear in their communications because she was getting so many full names.

Let me know if you need any more info. Blessings to you!

Kathy

Kathy B,

Thanks SO much for that detailed description of your reading! That was really helpful, and I can see why you feel the way you do about it. It's always good to get a really good sense of HOW someone works, beforehand, so I really appreciate the time you took to respond.

A few more things I'd still like to ask, if you don't mind?....did you have much time left to ask questions at the end ( or does she leave time aside for that? ) and were any of them really specific, particular questions ( and of course, did you get answers that were just as specific and detailed )? And, which reading-length did you do this in? ( I'm just wondering if the shorter ones are even worth considering or if you don't get much in in the shorter sessions? ) I'm really desperate to find someone who can get concrete answers to a few questions I have, as I'm so sick of living with nothing but mysteries and secrets.

Also, so has your mom visited you yet through a dream, since then? I'm also a little hesitant because, as you said, apparently your family was "unusually strong and clear" and with my luck, mine wouldn't be, as they weren't the best communicators even when here!

Guest Kathy B

She will ask if you have any questions when she is no longer getting information from your loved ones. I did the 30 minute reading but she went over by 10 minutes which she told me she often does on the shorter readings. I would do a longer reading next time. I didn't have a lot of questions at the end, just one and she did give me a specific answer.

No, I haven't dreamt about my mom yet. But Tara told me during my reading that souls who recently cross need time to gain strength. She said that my father knew how to manipulate the energy because he had been there for a while but my mom needs time. She did tell me that there would be some strange happenings around my house which would be my parents giving me signs. Since then, twice, whenever I was on the phone with my brother and specifically started talking about my parents, my television and telephone popped and went off at the same time. The second time, the telephone started crackling and the television started getting a lot of static across the screen which started when I began speaking about my parents and lasted for a few seconds. It felt like they were saying "we're here!". :o

Kathy B,

Thanks again for that!

I've heard that one many times, too, about it sometimes taking some time for a soul to reacclimatize itself to Home....but I also wonder about it, since from what I've read thru the years, many signs reported from people seem to occur closer to someone's passing, rather than later on. It can happen either way, but more people I know who've had signs have gotten them sooner rather than later. That's been my own experience, too, overall. While I still get some, I got more soon after transition. So I don't know what to make of that one.

Your experience with the phone and TV are pretty indicative, I think, as far as signs go. It's very common for electronics to be involved in these messages, as supposedly electricity is one of the easier energies to manipulate. I've had a few involving lights and stuff myself.

I'll be pondering whether to have another go at another reading, but I'm not sure if I want to pay for a more open-ended one like that....I'd feel rather cheated if I got some relative or someone else I wasn't interested in hearing from instead of who I DO want to hear from!

Guest Kathy B.

Maylissa,

I can understand your fear of not hearing from the loved ones you want to hear from during a reading, but unfortunately, I've never heard of a medium who can guarantee who will come through. Even the most famous medium, George Anderson, who has been scientfically tested, cannot guarantee anything since we cannot control the spirit world. The general consensus among mediums like George Anderson, James Van Praagh, and John Edward(John Edward currently has a tv show called "Crossing America" where he does readings, say that the spririts who come through are those who have a need to or a message for some one here.

As far as getting signs from some one soon after they cross or later, Sylvia Browne, a well known medium said in one of her books that she didn't get a sign from her father until 9 months after he passed. And Tara Night told me that she didn't hear from her father for a whole year. So, I don't believe there is any particular pattern of communication as far as timing goes.

All of the mediums I've mentioned have books that are all very good. You can find most of them on Amazon.com. Good luck with your "psychic endeavors".

Wishing you peace in this difficult time............Kathy B.