Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Missing my Lucky

Tammys

We unexpectedly had to put my golden retriever down on July 8, 2017 . He had a stomach tumor and use of back legs. He didn't show any signs of any thing wrong with him. He was himself when we put him to sleep. My heart aches for him and been crying off and on. I miss him so much

IMG_20170509_201057.jpg

• Like 1

We're all so sorry for your loss, Tammy, and we know how much this hurts. When you feel up to it, please tell us all about your beautiful baby, and what was special about him.

I hope this touches your heart as it does mine:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I am so sorry.  I somehow feel the loss of a Golden Retriever is a double loss, they are the most gentle special souls.  My heart aches for you.  (My dog is half Golden Retriever.)  I wish I knew some way to help the ache inside of you.  

Thank you for that video, Marty, it was beautiful.  It shows how many wonderful animals have gone by, we've been so blessed to have them in our lives.

Lucky was a sweet ,loyal , loveable dog. He enjoyed car rides, cuddling, playing with his toys. Being outside and spending time with me. He was a loved, spoiled dog. That is why I am having a hard time with his passing. I miss him and love him so much. We did have him cremated because when I pass he will be buried with me. I can sense that his spirit is with me. I have some pictures that on my bed he was laying there and our couch. So his spirit is still with me. Which  gives me some comfort.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tammys said:

We did have him cremated because when I pass he will be buried with me. I can sense that his spirit is with me

What a beautiful idea!  I may do something like that too, I was thinking when my dog passes of scattering his ashes in his pen & doghouse because he loves it and feels so safe and secure there, he knows it's his.  But I could keep some to be with me when my time comes.  I'd never thought of that before.  This is my soul-dog, I feel about him like you do Lucky.  My heart goes out to you in your loss.

Of course you do.  My heart lurched when I saw your picture of him, they are gentle giants.  I see that picture, I want to love on him.  To be his mom and missing him has to be very hard.