Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hi My Name is Roberta, I lost my partner in Jan.17.2006,We had been together for many years,we were planning on getting married this year but all come down in one day he got up to go to work and then,I receive a phone call that he was in the hospital and that he was dying my hold world came to a end.It's been very hard for me to live without him,I don't know if I coming or going at time I'm trying to cope but it's hard, I have faith and that's keep me going but it's still hard to come home knowing that he is not here. Home is not a home anymore a try to keep on working to fill that emptynest

Roberta, I'm so sorry for your recent loss. I still don't know whether I coming or going either and its been five months since Larry died. I can't even believe it when I type the words. I understand how it feels for you in your home. Nothing is the same anymore. Please try to keep writing to this site and many, many great people, in the same place you are, will respond and share, and in some small way we all will try to help you cope. We all are trying to find our way also. You are not alone.

Hi Roberta,

I lost my Terry on Jan. 17th also. We were together for 21 years. We lost our home and job to Katrina and we started talking about marriage after we evacuated. Unfortunately, he died just 4 months later.

He was fine that morning and then he said he thought he was coming down with a cold. Pretty soon he was having trouble breathing but he was still able to walk to the ambulance. Unfortunately, he died before he got to the hospital.

Since then I have stayed in 4 different states and tried to keep a positive attitude, but some days it just doesn't work. While I yearn for a place to go home to, I know that if Katrina had never happened our home would have been very difficult place for me to stay. I long for the videos and photos that are now gone, but I know that I would not be able to look at them if they had not been destroyed.

I wish that I had something to say that would help, but I am beginning to believe that the only thing that will help is the passage of time. Most of the time I just come here and read and knowing there are lots of wonderful folks here that understand and care.

Guest PattiZ54

Linda & Roberta - My heart goes out to both of you! I am so very sorry for your recent losses!! WE DO understand where you are. I lost my husband 17 months ago and I promise, if you can just get through one day at a time, that it will get easier. I, too, am very sorry that you lost your home and all in Katrina - that must be devastating. Something I can say that I would not know, or want to know, anything about. I hope things get better everyday for you!! Please come here as often as you care to. There are wonderful people on this site that really DO care about you and your situation.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Patti

(Charlie 6/10/58-11/16/2004; I love & miss you, Dear !)

I, too, am so sorry to hear of your recent losses. Although your worlds are not the same anymore, you will learn to live with it and we're here to help you any way we can. For myself, I know the pain and missing my George doesn't go away, but I have tried to learn to live with it...some days I do better than others. Reach out, we're here to listen and to care.