Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Healthy vs unhealthy grieving

K.D.

So many questions in my mind...it’s doing such crazy things to me, so many intense emotions and thoughts. I’m so desperate for relief that I found myself curled up on the bed with his blanket, petting it, pretending it was him. Petting him In all the familiar ways, saying the familiar phrases of the past ten years. Is that normal? Too unhealthy? I’m so glad this is a safe place to ask this, my husband would think it’s crazy. 

Thank you 

At this point, my dear, so early in your grief, it's okay for you to try anything that soothes you and eases your pain. Pamper yourself. Allow yourself to feel whatever you feel, and do what you need to take good care of yourself. There is no right or wrong way to "do" this grief of yours ~ there is only your way, and that you must discover for yourself. Grief is as individual as your fingerprint, just as your relationship with your fur baby is unique to you. Please be patient with yourself, and give yourself time to mourn the loss of this precious being in your life. ❤️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1