Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My mom passed on February 9, 2021 from Covid

Where do I begin.  I am heart broken.  When I lost my 93 year old mother, it feels like my heart was ripped out of my chest.  how do I go on?  I can't even begin to gather my thoughts around how this virus destroyed my mother's body and killed her.  It's so unfair..

How do I go on?

• Like 1

I am so very sorry for your loss, DaisyMinni. We only have one mother in life ~ the one person who's been there with us since the very beginning of our own life. I'm sure your mother's death has left an enormous hole in your chest where your heart used to be. Yes, it is unfair, but in the end, we have no say in the matter.

You ask how do you go on, and all I can say is that you do it one day, one hour, one moment at a time. You do it by surrounding yourself with others whose losses are similar to your own. You look to others for support and understanding. You learn about what is normal in grief so you'll better understand your own reactions. That is what you will find here, in this warm and compassionate place: understanding, comfort, support, useful information and tips on how to navigate your own journey of grief. Many of us are learning how to continue living in the wake of unspeakable loss. We are walking this path beside you, we know how much this hurts, and we want you to know that you are not alone. ❤️

• Like 1

@DaisyMinniI am so sorry to hear of your loss, esp. to something so sudden it sends you reeling.  It takes time to process our grief, and much time to adjust to the changes it means to our lives.  Your mother will live on in your heart and as we carry with us the things they taught us in our lives.

Again, I am so sorry!
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2014/08/grief-understanding-process.html
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2013/02/parent-loss-continuing-their-song.html
https://healthmatters.nyp.org/how-to-cope-with-grief-amid-covid-19/
https://www.funeralservicefoundation.org/grief-book-page/

Thank you so much...I wake up crying, and I go to sleep crying..In between I cry..I don't want to go outside, i don't want to do anything..

She died in another state and I wasn't able to go to her funeral, for fear of getting on a airplane and catching covid.  I feel so bad

• Like 1

My little sister missed our dad's funeral, she had moved to TX and his funeral was the first day of her new job.  She cried all day, they must have wondered what was wrong with her!  But fortunately, she kept the job.  I think it was real hard for her to not be able to be with the rest of us or view his body or say goodbye to him.

I am so sorry you weren't able to go to her funeral.  I hope you are able to connect with family by phone or zoom, and thus feel part of them as you're all going through this.  :wub:

I'm sorry for your loss, which is obviously still very fresh. I lost my father at the end of December to Covid; he was 88. In his case the end was very sudden, and maybe a blessing, but it still hurts. I just joined this group because I had a bad day yesterday and thought being here would help. I've started writing in my journal to get my feelings out, and I'm trying to be open with my siblings and of course my wife about how I'm doing emotionally. It's tough. God bless. Try to remember all the good times, and eventually, as others have said before me, the smile will come before the tears. It takes time.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PhotoGuy said:

Try to remember all the good times, and eventually, as others have said before me, the smile will come before the tears. It takes time.

Great advice, I love your positivity and that even though you're heavily grieving, you're offering hope to someone else going through it.  :wub:

• Like 1