Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My beautiful boy cat got run over yesterday and I am in pieces

RDaintz

I’m in so much pain right now, hardly any sleep. My cat of 5 years was ran over and died instantly yesterday. I can’t stop crying but at same time I can’t believe he’s not here. How do I cope it’s only been less than a day and I am in so much pain 😥 please help me 😥😥😥

• Like 1

@RDaintz  I am so sorry!!!  Losing a pet is never easy, but something sudden like this you get no time to process, it's a shock...also that he was so young.  It's the hardest thing in the world!  They are part of our family, our daily interactions and routine, and everything is a trigger, down to not having him to feed, snuggle, etc.

http://www.griefhealing.com/comfort-grieving-animal-lovers.htm

I hope this brings you some comfort and peace...for me, knowing we'll be with them again is the hope that keeps me.  (((hugs)))
You can try recording your thoughts in a journal.  Also memorializing them and honoring them in some way, helps.  I have a memorial stone for each of my pets buried in the back yard.  I want my ashes scattered there, my kids call it the "family burial plot."  Even my husband's ashes and stone are there.
Whatever brings you comfort!  What helps one person will be different for another.
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2013/03/memorializing-pets-we-have-lost.html
http://www.griefhealing.com/memorializing.htm

Thank you so much for your response. I wish I could stop crying all the time, my heart is absolutely obliterated and just needed to reach out with people who understand what I am going through. I am so overwhelmed by these strong grief feelings, it is like your heart has been ripped out. I am hurting being in the house without him, my boy Ravioli 😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😃

• Like 1

The pain will gradually diminish, I know that doesn't help in the here and now, but hopefully shows you there's some light at the end of the tunnel.  It doesn't go away completely though, but becomes more manageable eventually.  I hope this is of help:

Pain - When Nothing Eases it
When the Pain of Loss Won’t Go Away
Pain of Loss

Most definitely!  I will give you a cartoon Marty sent me when my Arlie died...I love it and hope you'll treasure it too!

All dogs go to heaven.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The way I look at it, they are the greatest of all God's creation, He created them so it only makes sense He keep them!  The Bible speaks of a lion and lamb laying down together in heaven...so why a random lion and lamb and not my Arlie and your kitty?

• Like 1