Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I feel lost!

amiebaby117

For 14 years the first thing I did every morning was let my Molly out and the last thing was let Molly out.  On Friday, August 6, 2021, I had to put my baby down.   Molly was given to me by a co-worker in 2007.  I lost my mom a year before and truly felt that Molly was sent to me from her.  Mom loved dachshunds and Molly was a purebred.  I was a single parent and took care of my mom.  I did have 2 dogs and 2 cats at the time.   I loved all of my pets, but  Molly took the place of my children.  They were teenagers at the time who had their own lives at that point.   She was small, so I was able to take her places.   When I lost all of my other babies Molly was there.  She became the only pet and I spoiled her even more.  Whatever life threw my way, Molly was there.   Now my little baby isn't here I feel so lost.  We have been through so much together.     I  had special songs for her when she ate, went out and for bed.   I always talked to her.  She became my whole life.  I hated going to work and leaving her.   God has always blessed me and that I am truly thankful for that.  I was able to spend Molly's last week with her.  I knew that end was coming even though she was still eating and going to the bathroom.   Her last 2 days were heartbreaking.  She had congestive  heart failure. When my Molly turned her nose up on food I knew that it was time.  While I am thankful to God for sending me my baby and feel blessed to have her in my life for so long  I just feel lost.  Maybe some day down the road I will recuse another (all of my other pets were recused)  but for now I am in such pain  I  won't be able to give it the love and attention a new baby would need.   I am thankful I found this page and send out my condolences  to every one who feels the same way I do. 

IMG_0555.jpg molly.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like Copy 1

Your Molly is adorable, my dear, and we're all so sorry for your loss. You've found your way to a "tribe" of kindred spirits here: We are animal lovers all, and we know how much it hurts when the time comes for these precious souls to leave us. I hope it brings you comfort to know that you are not alone in your grief. Today just happens to be the birthday of my own beloved fur baby, and I miss him as much today as I did when I wrote this nearly ten years ago: Saying Goodbye to Beringer❤️

• Like 1

I am so sorry, I know that what you are feeling is very painful and real as I went through iit 8/16/19 with my "soulmate in a dog," Arlie.  He was my beloved companion and best friend, very unique, smart, goofy, fun, loving, loyal, highly communicative, patient, the best dog anyone could ask for.  I've been alone since my husband passed in 2005, so it was me and Arlie, I also had Miss Mocha (cat) who died in 2016 and Kitty (25 year old cat) that died soon after Arlie did.  We were a family of four that I am the lone survivor of.

My son knew I needed someone and he brought me Kodie...conceived when Arlie died and born on my birthday.  He is very different from Arlie yet I am very attached to him for who HE is.  I hope you also find a special someone to share your life with.  It's very hard to be alone, esp. when you both need each other.  I think my son saved my life with this little one, just as Arlie had blessed my life when I adopted him...I knew he was the one and we were meant to be together.  There's no doubt in my mind that Kodie and I are also meant to be and maybe, just maybe, my Arlie had a paw in it.

My heart goes out to you in your anguish, I hope you'll continue coming here, it really does help.  Sometimes those who get it the most are strangers, nowhere near each other in proximity, but sharing hearts through understanding.:wub:

• Like 2

Thank you !  Molly was my baby!  Her birthday was a day after mine.  How she came to me was amazing also. She has seen me through the good, the bad and the ugly.   I did everything with her.  I had other pets who I loved with all of my heart and cried when their time came.  Molly was there.  My children grew up and left, and my Molly was there. We moved to a different state, and she was there.   I had 14 wonderful years with her.  She never left my side.  My boyfriend was home during the day while I worked, and she grew to love him as much as she loved me.   We are both heartbroken walking through the door, and she isn't there yelling at us for leaving her.  I was thinking today about getting another dog or even a cat, but that would not be fair right now.    Molly was special! She is my soul mate puppy.   God and Molly will send me another when the time is right.  Thank you again for your kind words. 

IMG_1361 (1).jpg molly.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg molly.jpg

49914694_10217641835498228_8456653214115168256_n.jpg molly with tongue.jpg

• Like 2

I am so sorry, she is beautiful.  I know your loss is great, I feel for you, it's one of the hardest losses we can have IMO.

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

• Like 1