Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Mother is Dying and My Father is in Denial

Thank you so much for the excellent readings.

I am taking it one day at a time. 

I am getting bereavement support and accepting this as a long process we all survive bit by bit.

Understanding that I can only control myself and my choices helps.

• Like 2

That's how I do this journey as well.  :wub:

On 9/4/2021 at 6:39 AM, TReese said:

Hello,

My 87 year old mother is in hospice care five hours south of me steadily declining from heart failure. She is in an assisted living facility that is partnering with hospice. My 88 year old father with mild dementia visits her a couple hours each day. He thinks she will be coming home. My brother is there and he lives further away than I do. He has a more open schedule as he is currently unemployed. I am glad he is there.

I am anticipating the grief of losing my mother but also that of my father. I have mourned the loss of my father for a long  time as he is an alcoholic and the drink comes first. My mother's loss will sting, but I think I will feel a mix of profound relief and sadness when my dad goes.

My brother is also an alcoholic and that has been a challenge too. There has been grieving there as well.

In all the upheaval, I remember that my first priority is my family where I live. My friends are precious to me too. As I anticipate the loss of my mother, can foresee the death of my father, and hope to do as well as possible with my brother, I welcome your thoughts.

Best to you.

so sorry to hear that you mum is dying.. my mum has passed and my husband and i'm 22 i am hurting and grieving and numb

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 1:12 AM, TReese said:

Thank you so much for the excellent readings.

I am taking it one day at a time. 

I am getting bereavement support and accepting this as a long process we all survive bit by bit.

Understanding that I can only control myself and my choices helps.

you can do this. with support and love you can do this

3 hours ago, Aylarose3 said:

so sorry to hear that you mum is dying.. my mum has passed and my husband and i'm 22 i am hurting and grieving and numb

I am so sorry, sometimes life doles way too much.  :(