Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I lost my little brother in December of 2022. 9 days before his birthday, 7 days before I got to see him.

I left my hometown in May of 2022. I went back in November to finish packing up. I got to see him. Spend time with him. Laugh with him. Bother him. We knew this was hard on both of us so we asked our mom if he could come visit me on his winter break and they agreed! A cross country trip all by himself! He had the tickets, we all had the plans and the hotel to pick him up.

I was supposed to see him. He was supposed to be at my house. He was supposed to stay with me. He was supposed to celebrate his 16th birthday with me. He was supposed to open my Christmas present I bought for him. He was supposed to celebrate my 24th birthday with me. He was supposed to be with me for 3 weeks.

7 f****** days. 7 more days. 1 week before I see him and he disappears. Is completely gone and I never get to see him again. He didn’t get to turn 16. He didn’t get to open his Christmas presents.

I feel so angry. I’m so mad at him for making a silly mistake. I’m so mad at the creator for taking him. I’m so mad that I left him.

• Sad 1

I am so sorry.  I lost my sister 3/28, sometimes it feels surreal, I think of things I want to tell her....but she's not here.  I wish there were some way to comfort you but I know it takes time.  :(

Words of Comfort
10 Tips to Mend a Broken Heart | World of Psychology

Tips to Make Your Way through Grief

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2022 at 2:25 PM, tia said:

I lost my little brother in December of 2022. 9 days before his birthday, 7 days before I got to see him.

I left my hometown in May of 2022. I went back in November to finish packing up. I got to see him. Spend time with him. Laugh with him. Bother him. We knew this was hard on both of us so we asked our mom if he could come visit me on his winter break and they agreed! A cross country trip all by himself! He had the tickets, we all had the plans and the hotel to pick him up.

I was supposed to see him. He was supposed to be at my house. He was supposed to stay with me. He was supposed to celebrate his 16th birthday with me. He was supposed to open my Christmas present I bought for him. He was supposed to celebrate my 24th birthday with me. He was supposed to be with me for 3 weeks.

7 f****** days. 7 more days. 1 week before I see him and he disappears. Is completely gone and I never get to see him again. He didn’t get to turn 16. He didn’t get to open his Christmas presents.

I feel so angry. I’m so mad at him for making a silly mistake. I’m so mad at the creator for taking him. I’m so mad that I left him.

I am so sorry.  What a hole the loss of a dear sibling leaves.  Did you file a missing person's report? Anger is a natural response.   It's been 17 years since my sister died.  I keep thinking I should be able to call her and go see her.  It sucks that I can't'.

• Sad 1