Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Just lost my best friend…

Cricketr

I had to make the decision yesterday morning to put my little fur-dude (a 12yr old cockapoo named Bucky) to rest. My heart is broken, I am uncomfortable in my empty home, my body is filled with panic and anxiety and sadness. I have been down this road before, 10 years ago and then unexpectedly Bucky came into my life. He filled my heart with such joy and I feel like the pain will never lessen. I know, in time, it won’t feel as raw as it does now, my head knows that, my heart doesn’t. Im glad to have found this group but sorry we are a part of it as it means we have lost a loved pet…

• Like 1

My heart reaches out to you in your pain, my friend. If you have a picture of your darling Bucky, we'd love to see it. I had a cockapoo named Muffin many years ago. It was his sudden, unexpected and accidental death that set me on the path to becoming a grief counselor with a special interest in pet loss. Losing Muffin was one of the most painful experiences of my life, so believe me when I say that I know how much this hurts. I welcome you to this warm and caring site, where you are surrounded by like-minded folks. We are animal lovers all, and we've all been where you are now. You are not alone . . . 🧡

Such an adorable dog!  I am so sorry for your loss and the pain of your heart as you are missing your best friend.  I know that pain all too well, you are right in that it lessens in (much) time, but always, always, we continue to miss them.  My soulmate in a dog died 3 1/2 years ago.  I have a new bestie but he endeared himself to me in different ways...the uniqueness of Arlie is gone forever, I'm afraid, he was one of a kind.  Still, as close as I've gotten to my Kodie, I can't imagine going through this again, yet I know it will happen someday, hopefully in many years...dogs just don't live long enough. :(

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

Yes it is.  The amount we grieve is in direct proportion to our love for them.:wub: