Grief Healing Discussion Groups

God Bless This Forum

Marie L

Hi, I'm Marie and I just loss my best friend 2-1/2 weeks ago. First of all I am happy that I found this forum, because I feel so numb and I can't stop crying. I can't eat or I can, but nothing stays down. Please someone tell me that it's okay to feel this way about my dog. I really feel like I'm going insane and that I don't want to go through this. Maybe i'm frighting too much, instead of letting him go. I don't want to let him go---he means the world to me. Please tell me that we all go through this when we loss a pet.

Thanks to whom is listening.

Marie

Hi Marie,

Your reactions are perfectly normal, we all go through things like this with our loved ones (Pets included). It will take time, please be sure to visit this site often and read the other posts from people who have lost pets, you will find that you are not alnoe. I am sad to hear of your loss, and I pray that God will give you peace.

Hi Marie,

It's normal to be feeling the way that you are. 2and 1/2 weeks ago is so recent. I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our cat Koko Mar 3rd. It took me such a long time to be able to eat and not to be crying all the time ,I felt so depressed, nothing seemed worthwhile,.I can promise you though ,that things will get better. In time you'll be able to have good memories, and yes you will always feel that twinge when you think about your loss, but you won't feel such intense pain.

I know I've been there. So Marie remember your sweet pet isn't gone . he's just living in your heart instead of your home & no-one can take that away from you. Anne

Hi Marie,

I am so sorry for your loss. I do understand your pain. I had to put down our dear girl dog, Tawny, a week and a half ago. It is one of the worst things I have ever gone through, and that includes the loss of both of my parents within 7 weeks of each other last summer. Tawny wasn't even 2 years old, but she had kidney failure, and although the vets tried, there was nothing they could do. I have no children (human, that is), but she felt like a child to me. That is part of why I feel the pain is so intense. I also had trouble eating when we were going through the ordeal, the hope, the fear, the horrific anxiety. What I have found, at least so far, is the pain is just as intense, but it comes less frequently than at first. I even find some smiles and laughing between the tears. When I do feel this pain and this missing of Tawny, I too, wonder if it will ever go away. But with time, I think it will continue to lessen, be less frequent, and also the good memories will overtake the bad ones. I wish you the best as you go through this very difficult process, and know I am here for you. It definitely helps to know there are others here who truly understand.

Serl

• 3 weeks later...

so sorry marie!!!!! i wish i knew you personaly so that i may give you a hug(we all need that sometimes). unfortuantely i will not tell you taht all people show the same feelings and empathy for the loss of a pet or even a human family member. some people just dont care!!!!! but you are here with those of us that feel the same as you. that is why we sought out a forum like this so that we could be in good company. continue to express your grief and seek out those that understand and avoid those that dont. i shed a tear for you as i write this because i have been exactly where you are now. please take care and remember that eventually your good memories of your beloved baby will overtake the quilt and the pain you feel for the loss. until then god bless you!!!!!!!!!!!

That is exactly like I feel, numb, only half here. I don't feel like eating, all I want to do is sleep.

It was two weeks ago today that I had to put my Shiloh down because of bone cancer. It is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and I close my eyes and I am right there again.

The posts have helped me know that I am not "crazy" or abnormal for feeling this way.

It is hard, I know it is.

We lost our little 6 month old puppy Shi'kis to a liver aneurysm two days after we got Shiloh's diagnosis. I lost two beautiful babies in less than three months.

I just keep putting one foot in front of the other, slowly and hope time will heal some of the pain.

Carole (Shiloh's Mom)