Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Panic Is Setting In

Penny1

Hi It's me again...

Today is bittersweet for me... my Mom's best friend Dorothy has been here visiting... she is to me my second Mom and helped me immensely through my grieving journey...

We have had a few wonderful days and it has been such a comfort being able to talk about Mom with her remembering the good times we have had over the years...

Dorothy is leaving tomorrow... she has cancer and I am so afraid to see her leave for I may not get the chance to see her again...

I just can't deal with losing someone one else again.... this is just so unfair...

She lives 14 hrs away....

I don't know how to get a grip....this is just so hard...

Penny

I am so sorry that you have to deal with all this now. Keep your self strong and your head up. Make plans to go and see her over the holidays and help in everyway you can. Life seems that it is just going down hill so do everything you can to bring you and her up. Hang in there.

Thanks

Haley

Penny

I am sad that you are facing yet another loss in your life. I wish there was something I could do that could prevent it. I will pray for you and Dorthy, that God will heal her. One thing I have learned is prayer is a powerful tool. I would like to make one request for anyone else that reads this post to please pray for Dorthy. Penny, please write often and contact me if there is anything I can do for you.

Lord, I come to you with a heavy heart tonight. I praise you for all you have done for me and everyone on this site. Lord if it be in your will, lay your hands on Dorthy and remove the cancer that is in her body. I know that with you anything is possible. I also know that you see everything and know what the future holds and that you know what is best. Lord if it isn't in your will, help Dorthy's family and help Penny to know your peace, and that there is a reason that we may never know as to why Dorthy has this cancer. What ever happens Lord, may you be glorified for all that you do. Help Penny as she faces this, give her peace and strength. I know that when 2 or more come to you in your name you are in the midst of them, allow them to feel your presence.Amen.

Thank you to all of you guys... I really don't know what I would have done had I not found this site and such a wonderful group of people...

Derek... thank you so much for your prayer... I read it out aloud today I hope that God did take notice....

Dorothy is such a huge part of my life and always has been... when I got married several years back, she made all of my bridesmaid dresses, my bridesmaid bouquets and her husband Reg (my other Dad) was the MC at my reception... they have and always be very close to my heart... they were both so supportive since Mom died, I really don't know what I would have done without them....

Good news... they are staying one more day... we spent yesterday together and had such a wonderful time... today I am blessed to spend the day with them again.... God is watching over me...

Dorothy was diagnosed with breast cancer last year.... she now has a spot on her liver and one on a kidney... she is so brave and trying so hard to stay positive and is determined to stay here on this earth as long as she can....

I so wish I could spend the holidays there... I took 4 days off work to be with her while they are here but that is all I have for time off...

We have made plans that I will go there on my next holidays in the new year so I will pray that she doesn't get any worse... If she does go downhill then I am just going to tell my boss that I need a leave...

Thank you all so much.... please do pray for Dorothy.... she is such a wonderful human being.... I wish you could all meet her....