Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Plunged Back Into The Valley!

Whiteswan

Hi all. I was starting to find more peace about my Mom's death this past while and trust God again -ie- less rage/anger at Him, etc but yesterday I dove head first so to speak into the pits of hell (what I call grief)! I'm back on the spiritual rollercoaster ride and I hate it! One minute believing in God, asking Him to help me, the next raging at Him, the next not believing in Him , even telling Him I don't believe in Him and citing all the reasons for such to Him! How insane! WHY would I tell Someone I supposedly don't believe in that I don't believe in Him?! If I really didn't believe in Him I wouldn't be talking to/raging at Him, right?! I thought this part of my grief was all done as I got peaceful about/with God a few weeks ago then WHAM -- out of nowhere it hit again yesterday! I miss my Mom SO much! I still can't believe she is really dead and I often get that jolt that she is really dead out of nowhere too. Any insights or shared experiences would be appreciated. Love and hugs to all.

I feel just like you. somedays i still can't believe she gone. i have to look at her urn to believe it.. i feel awful and think when is this nightmare going to end. i sleep when ever i can and do only the minimal. today my therapist told me i was clinically depressed, i believe it. i find myself doubting my faith, not my God,. i wonder is there really something after this, why can't God let them tell us they are ok, why do all these bad things happen and it goes on. i quess after a loss you start to question alot of things. i just can tell you that i am afraid, afraid that this pain will never end. i am also having so much anxiety about things, it is driving me crazy. i am sorry if i rambled on about myself i just want you to know that you are not alone. lori

Whiteswan,

Hi. I have been going through the exact same thing! I was raised in a Christian church, and I have always had the truth before me. But I have been struggling with my belief in God since I was a teenager. After my father passed away, my mom suggested that I read Isiah. So I did, and then i read Jeremiah. And then I read Psalms. And I haven't stopped. There is so much in the bible that relates to our deepest feelings and secrets. I also started reading a book, "Answers to Tough Questions, What Skeptics are asking about the Christian Faith" by Josh McDowell and Don Stewart. It talks about the validity of the bible as a genuine work of historical literature.

However, I too got really angry with God the other day about my dad and other things going on in my life, and I voiced this to Him. And my anger didn't go away right away, it lasted for a good couple of days. I can be a real doubter, but then when I open up the bible, and really read it I find the answers I have been so stubborn to find. I am not perfect at all. I have so many downfalls. this is what makes it hard to believe that He still cares about me. I think I have sinned so much, how could I still fall into His grace? This may be what you are thinking. Just so you know, I really relate, and I am glad that you posted! I am so sorry about your mom.

Magdalyn

Hi. Thanks for the replies. My anger at God is more along the lines of how can He allow so much injustice and suffering in this world? I see myself and others like me who were so good to our dead loved ones suffering with grief and in a lot of cases financial struggles since their deaths due to taking care of them and working less during that time and then I see ones like my sister and nephew who were not there for my Mom (heartless a**holes) prosper and I question God as I see that as a great injustice. I've read passages in psalms where the writers whine at God (much like I do) about the wicked prospering and I tell God "See! It was even happening right back then! WHY do You allow this to happen?!" So mine is along those lines then after ranting like that for awhile I get into telling Him I don't believe He even exists as no loving God would permit this to happen! A part of me keeps hearing my Mom's favourite saying in my mind "This too shall pass" She always said that during any sort of trouble. I have no regrets about taking care of my Mom . She was my best friend besides being my Mom and I love her beyond words. If I had to do it all over again I would. But I just can't seem to accept that people like my sister and nephew who are selfish self-centered ME ME'S prosper when they have never given without strings to anyone in their lives! So I blame God for allowing that to happen. During one of these rant sessions I had a dream one night where my Mom was sitting in front of me looking healthy and almost glowing and she said "Jenny, there is a God , Jesus Christ is real and the earth experience is like a refinery, You go through what you do to refine your character, to learn lessons." That was it! That was the whole dream! It felt SO real! I felt better for awhile after that but Thursday I started the ranting at God again. Oh I hope and pray "This too shall pass"! Love and hugs.