Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Had To Share This With You All

marniesmum

I have just read this on another site, It seems that this ladies 14 yr old dog Abbey died last month and the day after she died her little 4yr old girl was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if they could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her This is what she dictated to her mum.....

"Dear God",

Will you please take special care of our dog,Abbey? She died yesterday, and is in heaven.We miss her very much.We are very happy that you let us have her as our dog even though she got sick.I hope that you will play with her. She likes to play with balls and swim before she got sick.I am sending some photos so that when you see her in heaven you will know she is Our special dog. But I really do miss her.

Meredith.

her mother then said that they put 2 pictures in with the letter and addressed the envelope to

God/Heaven. put their return address on it and the little girl posted it off

After a few days the little girl asked her mother if God would have got the letter yet? and her mother said that she thought he would have.

The mother had taken the children out for the day and when they got back home there was a package wrapped in gold paper on the front porch.It had agold star card on the front and said

"TO: MER" in an unfamilar handwriting,

Meredith opened it and inside was a book by Mr. Rogers. called " When A Pet Dies," taped inside the front cover was the letter they had written to God, in its opened envelope (which was marked Return to Sender; Insufficent address) On the opposite page, one of the pictures of Abbey was taped under the words

"For Meredith." they turned to the back cover and there was the other picture of Abbey, and this handwritten note on pink paper;

" Dear Mer,

I know that you will be happy to know that Abbey arrived safely and soundly in Heaven! Having the pictures you sent to me was such a big help. I recognized Abbey right away. You know, Meredith, she isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with Me----just like she stays in your heart----young and running and playing. Abbey loved being your dog, you know. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven. I don't have any pockets !----

so I can't keep your beautiful letter. I am sending it back to you with the pictures so that you will have this book to keep and Remember Abbey. One of my angels is taking care of this for me. I hope the little book helps. Thank you for your beautiful letter. Thank your mother for sending it. what a wonderful mother you have! I picked her especially for you.

I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much. by the way I am in heaven and wherever there is love

Love God.........and the special angel who wrote this after God told her the words."

The mother's said.....As a parent and a pet lover, this is one of the kindest things that I've ever experienced. I have no way to know who sent it, but there is some very kind soul working in the dead letter office. and she just wanted to share this act of compassion......with everyone.

Edited by marniesmum

Hi Marniesmum,

I too have been touched by this story, I wish we had more people like the ones in your story... Thank you so very much for sharing it with all of us... I really needed something like this to boost my spirit and you did it with this amazing story... Take care and God Bless You Shelley