Grief Healing Discussion Groups

It's Quiet Here

Hi

It does seem quiet here. i am heading off to indoor soccer with my oldest. the weekends seem to be the worst. my husband is working , he works weekends. i just try to keep busy. i didn't sleep good last night so i have a bad headache. just doing the best i can. i hope everyone else is well. i check this site at least twice a day. sometimes i post sometimes just read. have a good day . lori

Hey Lori and Shell, Thanks for responding!

My medication "schedule" has been changed once more as of last Thursday. Hopefully, my anxiety will get better. I think it already has since I was able to go grocery shopping last week. And that was before the new change in my meds (my DR. has been working really closely with me ever since I realized that my old meds needed a "tune up"). I had a heart treadmil test last week that I was able to get through except for the extreme shortness of breath. But because of my anxiety, I get shortness of breath anyways. I am not one who likes to go to the doctor regularly, but I need to get this anxiety under control! It would be nice if I could have an inhaler of some kind that would open the airways in my lungs when I get stressed, but my lungs are fine as well, so no luck on that. I am going to check into yoga. I already do cardio and weights, but the yoga may be just what I need to balance things out!

I hope all is well with everyone...one moment at a time!!!

Lori

I also have started meds. i am taking remeron at night, it helps with depression, anxiey, sleep and increase appetite. i wasn't eating at all and lost alot of wt , i didn't need to. i have been on it 2 weeks and thank God have had no bad reactions. i think it is helping. i hope everyone is doing well. i am making dinner now, just came home from 5pm mass. boy do i cry in mass, esp. after recieving communion. sometimes i wonder if people are staring at me but then i say who cares they shouldn't be looking at me any way.

lori, is your anxiety getting worse? how ab :o out taking xanax when it gets real bad and you can take it with alot of other meds. just ck with your dr.

shell, how are you doing?

lori

Lori, I take Ativan when the anxiety gets really bad. But sometimes this shortness of breath just comes on at no specific time. I've had it for years, but it started to get bad again after my mom died. So I carry it around with me and use it when I need to. Yes I know that it goes with other meds. I do take other meds for anxiety and depression, which I've changed recently. So I hope everything will start to even out soon. I do feel better mentally though. Everyone here has been so very helpful.

I hope you are ok an that the Remeron will help you. You seem like such a sweet, caring person. Just keep remembering that you have friends here and we support you!

Love and hugs...Lori

Hi,

I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing better. I think meds do help...I know they did for me! I am doing ok as far as my grief over my dads (and the others) death, but I'm still having a really hard time with my moms dementia problems. I'm going next Monday to talk to her doctor and discuss her meds and maybe change them. I just feel like I've lost her too and I guess I'm grieveing, in a way. Anyway, I'm trying really hard to cope with it.

But it is so uplifting to hear others having some progress and I'm so happy for all of you! Keep up the good thoughts.

Hugs to all of you,

Shell

Shell

I know that it was hard to watch my mothers health decline. she has sick all my life, i don't remenber a time that she wasn't. many holidays she was in the hospital, all do to resp./heart problems. my mom wasn't a great listener to the drs and tried to do her own thing. i really think if she had listened more she would of had a better quality of life. that is another story.

anyway in april of 02 i moved my mom into a assisted living down here by me. it was beautiful she had her own apt and could have her cat. she lived there for 2 yrs and the first yr was in and out of hospital but then the last yr was great. she was doing good. i was there everyday 2 per day to medicate her b/c she did not want the nurses to do it since she thought they would messup.then she broke her arm and it went down hill from there. i could never accept that she was going to leave me. i thought she always beat it all the other times she could make it now. i look at her pictures the last yr of her life and see how old she looked, where did my mom go. it is one of the hardest things to watch. i pray i go quick and my boys don't have to see me that way. i will pray for you and your mom shell to give your both the strengh to get through this. remenber i am here for you. lori

Lori

My mom use to take ativan. i think that the anxiety i get from her. she suffered from depression and anxiety. she was a strong one though through it all. i think her death is what brought on the anxiety/ depresssion. i am working through it with therapy/ meds. i do believe that it will be a long road for me. i have a lot to work through.

lori

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Shell:

I haven't been around for a while...but was reading some posts tonight, and read your post about your Mom. Is she doing worse since I last "talked" to you? I feel so bad for you, and wish we could all just get together and make each other feel better!!!!

Are you still trying to take care of her by yourself? Let me know how you are doing.

I'm doing "eh, ok". I still find it hard to do much of anything, since my life was always devoted to taking care of Mom. And, I still have her ashes with me. But, last night, I ordered a heart locket that I can keep some of her ashes in, and am having it engraved, "My Mommy Forever"

My own sister thinks I am nuts, so I guess I won't tell her what I am doing lately. It gets old to have people tell you that what you're doing to get through life, is "wrong".

Keep in touch if you can. I know you must be busy with your Mom, but when you can, keep in touch. Take care.

Love to all,

Kim

Kim,

Thanks for asking. Yes, I'm still taking care of my mom by myself (my brother lives with us, too, but frankly isn't all that much help!). I took her today for a head scan and she has started taking Aricept and will shortly be taking Lexapro. The Aricept doesn't seem to be changing anything, but she's only been on it a week, so I'm hoping it takes awhile and eventually will make a change. I'm also hoping the antidepressant will help a lot.

I think the heart locket is a beautiful idea. I know what you mean about being tired of people telling you what you should be doing...that's why most of us stop talking about it to others, I think. It's like we have to go "underground" or something! Ridiculous, isn't it?

Take care.

Hugs,

Shell