Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Wish For You

I know this is one of the hardest days of the year for those who have lost their special person. I just want you all to know that I am thinking of you and hoping you all have a good day in spite of missing your spouse/partner.

Some people are under the impression that it gets better/easier when you remarry, I know that has not been the case for me. It can actually accentuate those things you miss, what you had and no longer do...no two are the same, not even close. So while I appreciate John, I am having a tough time today, he lives 3 1/2 hours from me so I won't see him. He is not particularly romantic or expressive so what I used to have, I just have to get used to missing. In that respect, we all do. But there are good things out there if we look hard enough. I read in Dear Abby this week about a young couple who make their grandma's (who is widowed) day special on Valentine's Day by spending it with her every year. What a world this would be with more people like them! Look for enjoyment in a puppy's kiss, a kitten purring contentedly on your lap, the squeals of laughter in the children next door, the beauty of a sunrise or sunset...or something you can do to brighten someone else's day.

I wish you all a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! -to my favorite people, my friends here on this website.

KayC