Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Sister's Pet

dpodesta

I have been on this site now for almost a year, but in a different forum because the loss of my wife. My sister is in Colorado this week on vacation and I just here from her brother-in-law that one of her dogs is not doing well. He went ove to feed them and Dora was very lathargic. He took her to a vet and the vet said it doesn't look good. She is very old and they adopted her from a shelter a long time ago. She has had a good life. She isn't even my pet, but she is just so lovable. I know in my heart, that I will probably not see her again and this saddens me. I didn't think that the last time I was there might be the last time that I got to see her. It is very late and I have to get up in the morning to go to work, but I just can't sleep. I can't get my mind off of thinking about her. This week would have been my wife's and I 12th annversary and the one year mark of her death is just a little over 2 weeks away so my emothions are all over the place as it is and now this is going on right on top of it. It seems like I start to get better and then something else comes up and knocks me right back on my butt. Does it ever stop?

Derek

Derek i am so sorry that you are dealing with this now . i know this is a hard time for you. i remenber the death of your wife b/c it is also my moms birthday. i will be praying for you and on that day (april 6th) i will light a candle for my mom and Karen. i will be attending Good Friday Services. my thoughts and prayers are always with you.

Derek,

I am so sorry to hear of the impending loss of your sister's dog. It is very difficult and sad indeed. I am sorry that you will not be able to see this dog one last time to say goodbye. You are dealing with so much now with your anniversary soon to come up. I understand how you can feel like it never stops, it certainly does feel like that at times. You and your sister are in my prayers.