Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Please, I Need Advice. My Mom Just Died! :(

My name is Mcky (not my real name), 23 years old and I'm from Singapore. I am the only child in the family of me, my 59-year old mother and my 64-year old father. Well, that was used to be until I lost my mother to Pneumonia recently on 12 Nov 2006. The disease came up all of a sudden and my mother was feeling very ill. After admitted to Intensive Care Unit section of the hospital, she died within 10 hours. Till now, I am feeling extremely sad. I love her so much, why did God have to take her away? It's true I committed sins against her but she managed to forgive me before her last breath. I and my father are still emotionally shocked over what happened and wished all this was just a nightmare. But it is not. It is for real. Now, without a mother, I really have a hard time taking care of the house. I have never faced this type of situation before. My father keeps blaming me for her death almost every day that I can't cope with life anymore. I am feeling depressed and have to resort to masturbation to relax my mind which I know is a sin to do. I can't concentrate on my daily job as a librarian for I am always thinking about her. There would be tears flowing out of my eyes at unexpected times.

Please, anyone, what can I do to overcome this extreme grief that I'm facing now?

Thank you all in advance.

Mcky

Sorry to hear about you loosing your mother. Its sound like you need to talk toa professional and have them explain things to you. I do not believe you have your self to blame you said that your mother forgave you and thats between youand your mother. Just hang in there and as soon as you can talk to a professional.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. i lost mine in july 06 and still some days can not believe she is gone. the missing is so bad. i can only say take one day at a time. you had nothing to do with her death. noone can control that. you dad is just so angry at the situation and you are the closest one to him so you are taking all of it. please be patient with your self. lori