Grief Healing Discussion Groups

It is 9 months today and I cant believe Im alive without YIANY .I keep calling the answering machine to hear his recordered voice.Tears are on my eyes all the time and my nights are sleeples.I keep surching for him on his side of our bed.I get up not believing this is true.I light a gandle today only because he believed so much in God. I lost my faith God did not answer my prayers.He took YIANY away from me in a world so emty.

Teny,

I just wanted to send my thoughts and prayers to you. I am so sorry you are going thru this. I remember I was so angry at my dad when he erased my mom's voice from their answering machine, I wish I could hear it again. I know your husband would be proud of your strength and courage to have gotten thru this past 9 months. I wish you a peaceful day .

Teny

I know how you are feeling. I lost my husband Bruce on Jan 20/07. Like you this has been the longest 6 months of my life. I think that site has helped a little because there are people that are going what we are and understand us. Our friends and family try but until you have lost your one true love you really don't. Like they say one day at a time I guess that is all we can do. Take care of yourself.

Gail

Teny,

You are in one of the hardest stages of grief, I believe, that is the one of denial. It is very hard to go from point A to point B to reach the stage of acceptance, but I believe that is when you finally begin to sense a bit of relief with the healing process beginning. Before then, we torture ourselves with the if-onlys and keep looking for them, in a state of shock, waiting for the nightmare to go away, to wake up. But we don't wake up, it goes on and on. I still miss George, more than I can ever put into words, but I have finally accepted that he is gone and now he's moved from physically being in our home to living in my heart and I carry him and his encouraging words and his comforting arms deep inside of me where no one can ever take him away, where I can draw strength from him any time.

I wish you comfort today. I am sorry you are in so much pain.

Kayc - I have to agree with you. November will be 3 years for me and I can honestly say that I have moved to the acceptance part of grieving. I don't LIKE it, but I have accepted that he is gone and now it's time for me to think about ME. I miss Charlie so much that my heart hurts and I still cry from time to time, but I can honestly say that I'm in a better frame of mind these days. I can talk about him without falling apart even through these trying times...I'm having.

I'm trying to find a different career path and it is very difficult. I've been looking for employment for about 2 months and at times I feel like "chopped liver". I just don't understand!! I'm hoping this "road" is going to take a turn, soon!!!!

Teny - you need to hang in there. It WILL get easier. 9 months is a bad time because the reality has really hit you. You really need to get through all the "1st year" things...it will help!! We're here for you.

Hugs to all.

Patti