Grief Healing Discussion Groups

When Does It Stop?

STARKISS

Hi All,

Just as I think I am doing great something else happens and I feel right back at the start again... I lost mom and I am not feeling so lost without her because I know she will always be with me in some way... I lost dad and again I am start ing feel better because I know he will always be with me in some way... The house I have completely got over and even went back to see it with very little trouble... Chelsea I still miss terribly and are working on a solution.... But now it is my brother who just was going to up and leave without saying anything... I found out tonight from my neice my other brother's daughter that her and her mom were getting together for the last time with my brother and family... This hurts when he wants to be with some of his family and leave others out... I thought he cared about me but I guess it was just a lie.... I did not know someone could be some evil..... but know I do and it hurts so very much.....Shelley

Shelly,

I wish I could say that I completely undrstand what you are going through, but I can't. All I can offer is this, I don't understand why people do the things they do, I never will. All I can say is, I know that it has to hurt. You have been through more than anyone should ever have to go through. I don' tremember what your relationship is with Christ, but what I can offer is prayer. Pray for your brother, I know this sounds kind of weird but it works. Whenever someone wrongs you, pray for them ask God to be in their life and ask for understanding and peace. Pray for them everyday. At first you may not mean it but as time goes on, you will find that you will start meaning it and before long you will have forgotten about it. This has worked for me many times. The first time I did it I thought that there is no way this can help, but I can tell you it will help. I will be praying for you as well.

Love always

Derek

I agree with Derek. i pray for my siblings even though they don't like me or speak to me. they don't even really like each other. i still pray. Pray has been the one thing that has really helped me. i am very strong in my faith and i rely on it heavily. i will be praying for you. lori

Shelley,

It is amazing and disgusting what a death in the family can do to the rest of the family! You would think it would bring you closer, but often it goes the other way. I think one lesson I've learned through all this is that I feel I have only myself to depend on totally. My brother has been really supportive and I'm so lucky there, and a few other people I know have been very kind. But I look at that as icing on the cake, so to speak. I guess I've gotten "tougher", in the sense that I try to be as independant as possible, because you never know when someone you counted on is going to disappoint you. I know how hurtful this is for you, but at least you learn who's there for you and who isn't. People's true colors come out! Just try to realize that it is his loss in the long run. Hang in there.

Hugs,

Shell

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

Thank you all for your replies, I still have problems knowing that my family just doesn't care anymore... My sister and I are together and still we have our days.... I just pray every day that there will be a time that we will find each other again... Take care Shelley