Grief Healing Discussion Groups

For Those Who Have Lost Their Moms

Hi All,

A friend of mine sent this to me and I thought I would share it with all who have lost their mom like me. It has been a year and 21 days since my mom passed and I miss her each and every day.

Enjoy,

Libby

Your Mother is always with you.

She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street.

She's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you

pick and perfume that she wore.

She's the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well.

She's your breath in the air on a cold winter's day.

She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep,

She is Christmas morning.

Your Mother lives inside your laughter .

And she's crystallized in every tear drop.

A mother shows every emotion......Happiness, sadness, fear,

Jealousy, love, hate, anger, helplessness, excitement, joy, sorrow.

And all the while, hoping and praying you will only know

the Good Feelings in life.

She's the place you came from, your first home,

She's the map you follow with every step you take.

She's your first love, your first friend, even your first

Enemy, But nothing on earth can separate you.

Not time, not space.......not even death!

Oh my gosh, Libby...that really got to me! I think about my mom all the time being with me...in the air, when I'm happy, when I'm sad, in the grocery store, when I'm eating, sleeping...all the time. Thanks for that! It'll be a year on October 22 that mom passed away. My daughter is getting married on October 5th and I feel my mom with me every step of the way...even figuring out table seating arrangements! I was writing out a card for my younger daughters 21st birthday and my moms words came out of my head onto paper. She always said the words "kindly or nicely" and sure enough, somehow those words came out onto the paper as I was writing the card!

Thanks again for that...I'm going to print that out and carry it with me!

Take care...Lori

Edited by LoriS.

Thank-you libby. Sometimes I have to remind myself that everything I am is because of my mom so there will always be a part of her with me. I have a story to share with everyone about this thought... Right after I got back from taking care of my mom's funeral et al, I had to move out of my apartment because they were converting to condos. Well my boyfriend and I decided it would be a wise investment to move into a townhome rather than continuing to rent. So we found a cute place online late one night, called the realtor the next morning, and although it was a sunday he said he'd meet us there and show us the place. When we got there as we were walking towards the door the realtor calls me by a pet name my mom called me as a child. It was the weirdest thing, and I hadn't had anyone but my mom ever call me this. At first it sent chills up my back and I began to well up, but the realtor was such funny guy that I was able to pull myself together and check out the place. We ended up falling in love with it and have now lived here for almost two months. I think my mom had to have been looking down giving her approval because there is just no way someone would call me that for no reason. I wish I could have more moments like that!!

Hi Libby

I"m in tears, thanks for sharing. I miss her so much, it's just unbearable at times. I know it may be early but I don't want thanksgiving, her bday or xmas to happen ever again. I don't want to have those things with out her. I still can't believe she is gone. I wish I could wake up and every thing was like it was before that day January 19 06 that she was diagnosed, things were great, we though she had gull stones. I wish it was only that. I dont' understand why whoever is up there took her from us so soon and I don't think I ever will. I want her back so bad, I feel like a little kid whose lost their only friend :(