Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Behaviours

It is my sons 25th birthdya today. I am feeling incredibly, sad, depressed. I have this deep ache and gap in my herat. When I feel like this all I want to do is be left alone and find something that will detract from this feeling. I Pray that God will pull me and the children thru today.

A fiend of mine mentioned that we should try not to get stuck on the past, but look forward to a future with them ( our loved ones who have passed on). I pray that this future will be soon. i really cannot bear this sustained continuous pain that i am in for most of the time. I pray that God will be merciful to me and draw me and the children preciously close to Him now

Erica,

Six months (in grief time) is a very short time. Your feelings are normal and it will take a long time to start feeling anything but sadness. I'm so sorry for your loss. But please believe that things will get easier as more time goes by. The pain will never leave, you will just learn how to live with it and go on. You have more life ahead of you and your children do too. It will be a "new" life, but it can be ok. I would guess that your husband is hoping that all of you are ok and will get on with life without him. That you will find strength together and help each other through this terrible time. As painful as it is, hang in there and face your pain and it will get easier, I promise.

A big hug to you and the rest of your family,

Shell

Erica,

The threads that Marty gave you can give you a lot of tips. The only advice I can give you is to feel what you are feeling, don't run away from your feelings, and cry as much as you want. As they always say, you have to go "through" grief, you can't go around it. Read as much as you can about the grieving process. It lets you know that what you are experiencing is normal and that helps a lot! And, of course, please continue to post here and let us know how you're doing, ask questions, vent...whatever you need to do.

Hugs,

Shell