Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Having A Blue Day

I don't know why but today I am having a blue day. All I feel like doing today is cry and cry is what I'm doing. Today my hurt is heavy and hurts to breath. God I miss Bruce so much. Why is it that you can have a few not to bad day's then you have a day like today were all I would like to do is just crawl in my bed and just cry? Is this how everyone feels? I guess some of this has to do this the weekend come around the corner. I'm so lonely. I cann't beleve that the summer is almost done I think that I missed it all. I was thinking that I would join an exercise club in sept any thoughts. Anything to get out of the house and meet people. Well thanks for listening and being there for me.

Gail

Gail,

What you are feeling is normal. You will go along with everything feeling good and then all of sudden for no reason at all you go into that deep sadness. You will find that the days that you feel good will get longer and longer. It has been almost 17 months now for me since Karen died and I had a bad day the other day. Now this was due to it was her birthday, but it still happens. Joining a excercise club may be a good idea, I started dealing Blackjack for the same reason, to get out of the house and meet other people. Take care of yourself

Love always

Derek

Yeah, it really comes and goes, this "melt down." Just remember that we all do this in our different times. You are so right about joining an exercise club. I joined Curves three years ago and I go at the same time of day so I have had my "Curves friends" when Jack was alive and now that he's gone. I like it because it's women only and a wonderful support group. We all talk about our good and bad times three times a week. Aside from being a good general support group, not a grieving group dealing with that area of my life, I'm getting in the exercise I need that helps stress and keeps me in good health. And some insurances cover the monthly fee as mine does so I don't pay anything. I hope you give an exercise group a try. Hang in there. You're going to make it fine.

Karen :wub:

Gail,

As has been said already, this is very normal, and yes, we all experience days like that. Sometimes you half expect it like if it's a holiday or their birthday or something, but other times it takes you by surprise. Joining an exercise group is a great idea. I have been dog-walking the last couple of months and I think it's helped by getting me in better shape, relieving stress, and I sometimes meet neighbors and talk for a bit. Any getting out of the house helps.

Hang in there, it'll get better, bit by bit.

Love,

KayC