Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Need A Laugh?

Hi Everyone,

I know we all need a laugh once in a while, so here is one at my expense. As I said in another post my Mom is down visiting so this morning we took the girls to the bus stop then came back and we took my dog for a long walk. When we came back we decided to sit on the deck out back for a little bit. The deck is out my kitchen door and is 15' high and there are no steps down to the ground. We went out and sat talking and drinking coffee. When we decided to come back in the door was locked. I tried everything to get the door open, I broke my scraper for the grill, I broke a piece off of one of my chairs to try and pry the door open. Finally after about 30 min. we saw a guy doing landscaping down the street and started yelling Hello and I was whistling, he finally heard us and used his cell phone to leave a message for my sister to come and get us off the deck. She came around the back of the house laughing at us and taking pictures with her cell phone. :angry2: After she was done laughing at us she did go back around and let us in. Just thought you could use a laugh. :blush:

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne

Wiliam,

Did you take your meds today?

Oh Corinne that is the first time in days I laughed out loud ! That is way too funny and you tell your sister she is the one who made me laugh the most with having the sense of humor to take pictures ! I never met you before in person but could so picture the whole thing going on....too funny !

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Derek,

We were actually up there for about 1 hour total and it was really getting hot and humid. The landscape guy was really nice and felt bad for us. When he was leaving he said I feel really bad leaving you up there but I guess I can't do anything else unless you want me to go get you lunch. I was so embarassed. Needless to say after we got back in the house and showered I went and got that extra key made that I wanted to put out there just for that reason. :blush:

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne

Wendy,

I really did want to make her eat her cell phone after that but I could not since I was just too grateful to get off the deck. :D

Hugs & prayer,

Corinne

That was great...we all need a laugh now and then, I think that's why God lets us get into these situations. :)

Corrine, I'm sorry but I am still laughing. I just picture you with the broken grill scraper and taking the chair apart etc. And then you and your Mom yelling to the grounds keeper....thank goodness you didn't have something cooking on the stove ! But the best I still say is your sister taking pictures, you must have your sister send you one of those so you can share it with us !!!

Love,

Wendy