Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Help

My sister just told me that our half-brother called her a few days ago. He said that he had been trying to contact us for some time now.

I didnt even know I had a half brother. Mom never told us about any of that sort of stuff.

I knew that my faher was a jerk but I'm not sure how to feel about this new "brother". I have a lot of questions about this and don't know where to begin. Why would he call now? Should I speak with him?

I could really use some advise right now.

It seems that every day I wake up there's something else to worry about.

Christian (The Duke)

I am not sure what I would do. I think you and your sister should decide together how to handle this. I think I would talk to him. Maybe he just wants to reach out to you and meet you. He could probably answer some of your questions. Does your grandfather know anything about this?

Christian,

What are your feelings on meeting your half brother? Is he older or younger than you and your sister? You have not said is your father still alive?

Ultimately it is your decision whether you meet with him or not. Maybe he too feels that your father was a jerk and he is looking for some family for support. Another thing you may want to do is spend some time talking to him by phone that way you can see why he has been trying to contact you and then you can decide if you want to meet with him. It may be a good thing for you since you said you do not have friends you can talk to.

I hope this helps and gives you some options to think about. Please keep us updated on how you and your sister are and keep asking us for help someone here may just have the advice you are looking for.

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

Christian,

You are dealing with a lot in your life lately. I guess all I can say is if it were me, my curiosity, if nothing else, would make me want to find out about him. I think if I didn't, I'd always wonder. It seems that when things are put into our lives, they are there for a reason. I do tend to meet most things head on and try to deal with them the best I can. Good luck in your decision, and please let us know what happens.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)