Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Lost My Daughter

Hi! I'm new here! I lost my daughter on December 21,2007. She was in the hospital for three days and passed away. We had no idea how sick she was. She had cancer and no one knew until it was too late. So now she is gone and she had a 14 year old daughter. I miss her so much, It is hard to lose a child whatever their age. She was 35. I also recently lost my father in September 2007 from a heart attack. It has been hard to lose them both and so close together. God's will is hard sometimes but I know they both are in a better place but we miss them so.

Thanks for listening!

Moonflower

Moonflower,

I am so sorry about your daughter and you dad. You have had so much loss in such a short time. I am glad you found this site. It has helped me so much and there are wonderful,caring people here. I lost my mom in Dec.06 and my dad Oct 07. I hope you keep posting..you are in my thoughts.

My dear Moonflower,

We are so very sorry to learn of these tragic losses, and how painful for you that they came so close together ~ not only your beloved father so suddenly in October, but your precious daughter, too, and just before Christmas. How utterly horrible for you and your granddaughter and the rest of your family. I hope it brings you some small measure of comfort to know that you have our deepest sympathy, as we hold you gently in our hearts.

Moonflower, My daughter was 36 (just a few weeks shy of 37) when she died of colon cancer on February 9, 2007. Thankfully, we had 2-1/2 years from the time of diagnosis until her death, so there was time to say the things that needed to be said and to seek and give forgiveness for old hurts. You are right; it is hard to lose a child of any age. I used to think it would be harder to lose a young child before the parent/child bond is tested. But with an adult child there are so many years of memories, both good and bad, that can make things more difficult. Losing your daughter so quickly and so soon after the death of your father must be especially painful.

If it's any consolation, the pain is not always so severe as it is for you now. I don't believe it ever goes away completely, but it does become more bearable, and the breakdowns become less frequent, though they are not always predictable.

My heart goes out to you. Please feel free to email me if you would like to talk.

Deborah

Thank you for your kind and sincere words. It is hard and it was so quick and we didn't get a chance to really talk to her since when she went in the hospital she was in a comatose state and never came out of it. I guess it was mainly she couldn't talk to us and I don't believe she even knew how sick she was. Thank you so much for your care and conern and I am sorry about your daughter too. We must believe they are in a better place waiting for us to come and all of us to be together again. May God bless you and your family.

Linda

• 3 months later...

Hi Moonflower,

I am so sorry for your loss of your daughter and your father... It is really hard when they are so close together.... I lost my mom and dad four months apart of each other three years ago and I know right now the pain is really bad but it will get better with time... I will keep you in my prayers Shelley

• 1 month later...

Dear Moonflower

I also lost my daughter so I do know your pain and suffering. I wake up every morning hoping it has been a terrible nighmare. It will be 6 weeks this Thursday since my Beck has been gone and not a day goes by where I haven't shed tears. My heart hurts so much it feels like someone actually has stabbed it.

My Beck was pronounced dead the day after her Grandmother's Birthday on 24/4/08.

From one grieving mother to another, may God grant us peace.