Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Prayers Happy Thoughts Anything You Can Spare...

Elizabeth A.

Okay, so Roarie the kitten that I raised from just 10 days old is stuggling again. She was spayed at the end of the month and has been having a very hard time. I went to see her on Sunday and the poor gal was shivering (it was 70 in the house) according to her new mommy, Roarie has been very lethargic and is not eating well at all. She rejected the Parmesan Cheese trick that has always worked in the past as well at turning up her nose at the 2nd Step KMR I sent over. This is a very hard time for us. Of Course as I have said in the past Roarie is FeLK positive she is only 4 months old. Any extra prayers or happy thoughts you can spare would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Thank you Marty, I fear she needs them.

Thank you Mike, your words mean a lot to me. For you do actaully know just how much I long for the right answer. I do so wish I could wave the magic wand and make it all go away. Roarie is a very special cat and she deserves all the love, attention, and affection in the world. Life has not been easy for her. Oh how I wish... :(

Roarie is getting worse. She hardly has eaten at all. Inspite research telling not to feed FeLK pos. cats food with fish product in it, her adoptive mom (my mom) been feeding her food with fish products in it in order to ramp up her appetite. Everything seems to work for one feeding and then not again. Even those single feedings are only resulting in her eating about 1/6 of a kitten food can of food at a time.

My mother also tells me that Roarie is loosing weight and that her fur is beginning to thin. This is very upsetting for me, because that was the the sad fast path for Herbie, may his beloved soul rest in peace. She also has not played in as many days as anyone can remember. :( It hurts, it just hurts...

Oh and she's got a cough too. I fear when I saw her last weekend will be the last time. So maybe we all need prayers. :(

Every time I move the news is worse. Roarie has eaten so little that her tummy is sunken in, and when held all her bones can be felt. Why do those that are innocent suffer? :(

Dear Elizabeth,

I'll say prayers, although I wish I could cure Roarie. They are so innocent and sweet, and that's why it hurts so much. That's why I feel the way I do about "Is It Better To Have Loved And Lost?" To feel so helpless to help our babies is the worst feeling!!! I WISH I COULD CURE ROARIE AND THE REST OF OUR BELOVED ONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Mike

I'm almost afraid to say anything, but the prayers and happy thoughts seem to be working, this morning my little brother (age 10) coaxed Roarie to eat nearly her entire breakfast, by putting a little bit on his finger and sprinkling it with cheese over and over again. I could just hug them both, hopefully this is the first step in a whole bunch of steps that lead to her feeling better.

Mom said after the kids went to school Roarie curled up in the sunshine (which she loves to do, something about the warmth I'm sure). So we're going to be happy for a moment anyway. :)

Thank you Mike, I know you understand the horrors of this rollercoaster. Since she was just spayed, I feel like if only she can get over this hill, this huge pot hole in the road it will be a better, less stressfull road hereon. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my goodness how did I miss these last two posts, I mean I knew I was wrapped in my own warp mess, but seriously! Thank you ever so much for the humor Mike, and you're exactly right, Roarie had a secondary infection from being spayed. Oddly the antibotic the vet gave her had to be taken with food, and oh dear sweet little cat if you don't eat how can you get better?

I am glad to report this morning that Roarie ate an entire can of kitten cat food. This was the first time in her ENTIRE life that she has ever done that. Behind the lines mom also bought "choices" for Roarie in hopes what she whom has always loved "different food" would come around. This has given us two entirely new brands to pick from that Roarie likes (good thing too because she doesn't like the two kinds she had been eating). It had gotten so bad when the "choices" theory came up that it was all I could do not to run to the store and buy one of every single kind in the entire store myself.

Melody my little girl loves dogs, I'm not sure where or how that she's this way, but she simply ADORES "dog movies" or so she calls them, included is ANY movie that has a dog "role" in the cast. I think the day will come in the next few years that she will ask that question, you know the one the, "can I have a dog". I'm not sure what I will say, but I'm working on it and know about dogs now than I did before she was born, and everywhere I go I try to learn a little more. Dogs are not like cats, there is no "adult" size! And as always the bigger the critter the bigger the poop, funny my Sunny can stink it worse than humans I know. So size doesn't matter when it comes to smell I suppose. ;)

Thank you all for your prayers and happy thoughts, I don't have a single doubt in my mind that she needed each and every single one.