Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Roarie Is Dead.

Elizabeth A.

Roarie was put to sleep this morning. My mom just couldn't stand to see her suffer any more. There are lots of things I would like to do or stay, but now. Not yet.

Hi Elizabeth A,

I am very sorry for your loss of the beloved Roarie, Just knowing that Roarie is not in pain anymore hopefully can bring you a little comfort... I will keep you in my prayers... take care Shelley

Thank you for your kind words. This is a hard time for me, if only because it has left me awash in emotions, bringing my other recient losses back to the forefront of my heart and thoughts.

Roarie existed in a state of love. She lived, breathed, and gave love. Love was the only reason Roarie made it past her first night in my home at the ripe old age of 10 days. Love is why she continued to live, inspite of her food issues and her intense dislike for cold. To have lost Roarie is to feel the world lose part of the love that exists here. As though we all were a part of something very special. We gave her love so that she might somehow amplify it and give it back to all of us in turn. How she did it I will never know, but she did. Just holding her, each of us in turn feel as though we were blessed. Blessed to be her special person. Always there was room in her heart. Room for each person who knew her.

And as everyone who has ever lost a pet, there is a hole in our hearts and in our lives. I pray I will be able to fill it with enough memories to soothe the ache therein.

• 2 weeks later...

Elizabeth honey let me begin by saying that I am so very sorry. I have lost pets over the years and it is like losing a peice of you. I understand that hurt so much. After the loss of my beloved dog Fred about a year and a half ago i went looking for something to help. I came across this site http://petloss.com/ the people there have lost cats to the same thing you have at a young age to. The chat area i found very helpful. It may help you in time to check it out, ask questions if you want or just be. The people there were great as they are here. I do suggest you check out the whole site to help you through this very tough time. And also know that we are here for you as well. Sending you hugs....

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Wilma, sorry I didn't see your post earlier, I have been buried in projects near and dear to my heart. Thank you for telling me about petloss.com, I think Mike might have mentioned it around here somewhere. For now I'm working on my quilts trying to dig myself a new niche. I suppose there is nothing like a new project to give us a drive.