Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My husband passed away in January 2008 and I have realized how much I have isolated myself. I have left my house maybe 10 times since January. I have no desire to see or speak to anyone. I'm afraid of what my future holds. Has anyone else experinced this. Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what I can do to get over this feeling. Thanks for any help

Hi Krazykitty,

I am sorry for your lost, and I do feel your pain. I am happy that you posted this is a wonderful group of people who are going through just like you. I am sure there is someone who will be able to give you some suggestions on what to do and how to move on. I am not sure if this will help you. I told myself that to get out of the house more I will take a walk everyday or sit on the pouch which I have been able to do just baby steps. I am not sure if we ever get over our feelings I beleive this is all part of the grief we are going through. Please keep posting and letting me know I am not alone on this journey. And Keep your head up and take care of yourself as much as you can which I am trying to do also. It's been 5 weeks for me.

Krazykitty, I did alot like you, not going much of anywhere. I still just go where I have to and come home. I do feel isolated yet I can't bring myself to be among many people for very long. I think its part of the grief and it all just takes time. Don't be hard on yourself and just do what you feel like you can. Coming to this site will help you to start sharing your feelings and that will help you heal. Deborah

Hi KrazyKitty I'm so sorry for you loss. I lost my husband Jan07 and after his funeral I did not go out much until spring. Give yourself some time to let this all sink in...for me it has been 15 months and there are day's I still don't go out but little by little it is getting better. I thank god everyday for my kids because without them I'm not sure where I would be today(they are all growth but all live very close to me). So you come here anytime that you need someone to listen to you...if you need to cry or vent or just would like someone to talk to please come..without this site I would have been lost. Take care of yourself and be good to yourself. Gail :wub:

krazykitty...

I am sorry for your loss. Isolation or feeling isolated is very common, I still feel that way myself a lot...someone else mentioned a growing gap between them and the world, that's how I feel. I am forced to get out in that I have to go to work, but every night I go home and am alone again, even at work am not around people a lot. But more than the lack of physical presence of people is the feeling of isolation even in a room full of people. As someone else mentioned, it helps to get out and take a walk, it gives a fresher perspective just to feel the breeze, smell the seasonal smells (berries, flowers, etc.), see the animals (domestic or wild), or hear a child playing and squealing with laughter. These things help a person go on and do much to boost your spirit. Karen has mentioned joining a fitness class and going to church...I have found it difficult to attend whereas I always did before, but the important thing is to keep trying to find some outlet that is comfortable to you. Is there a friend or relative you could get together with once every week or two, maybe just dinner or something?

Posting on this site helps too as it is a way of reaching out and interacting with others. Please keep coming back, you are welcome here.