Grief Healing Discussion Groups

The Drug People Are Back Again!

karenb

Hi friends,

I guess I always need your help. If you are a praying person, or if you just send good vibes into the universe, please help me again with my son. The drug people are coming and going from his apartment that is 2 hours away from me. I can't call him because the phone I gave him isn't working, so I can't scare the heck out of him. He's mentally ill, has his own place, works part-time and does pretty well. I've got a good caseworker, but they can't do more than they're allowed to. I've gone to everyone over the many years for Danny, but I can't find anyone to really help him. I don't know what to do anymore (this said with tears running.) When the apartment manager called me and we talked I said just call the police and have them scare him with whatever, but that poses eviction. He's 44 and has been afflicted with schizophrenia since 14. Tonight I'm just tired and I wish I had Jack with me.

If you can, please help Danny with prayers - that's all I know.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Oh Karen my dear dear friend I am so sorry this is happening again ! What you must be going through, I wish I could be there with you right now to give you comfort and hugs. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and please let us know how things are going with him, this must be horrible for you to have to go through again.

Love You,

Wendy :wub:

Thanks Wendy,

I know you know what this ongoing pain is with everything that is happening for you. I just don't know what to do anymore. I've contacted everyone, including the police, and these predators know what to do with mentally ill people. I really appreciate talking with you. I hope things are going a little bit better with you, my very good friend.

Love you, Karen

Yes I do know, but I have this group and some dear friends I have made from this group who are getting me through this as best they can. I wish I could be there for you, we could be there for eachother but I guess we will have to help eachother as best we can this way. At this point Karen I don't know what else you can do, you have tried everything. You have done your best, what else is there to do?

Love,

Wendy

Nothing but the best we can do, both you and I. Sometimes it seems like there's no relief. I do have my faith, and I depend on it a lot but we just get tired, don't we.....let's both hang in there, huh?

Love you, Karen

Sounds like aplan to me Karen, I am not sure if I posted this but they won't do anymore Chemo on my Mom since it was bothering her Lupus badly which was effecting her heart. Now they will wait 3 weeks and do another PET scan and go from there. They may decide to put her on Chemo once every 6 weeks for life as a maintenance if the PET scan comes up good, if it is not good they are not sure what they can do, but I will let everyone know. Karen I know this is hard, but you have to remember you are a good Mom and you have done your best. I feel for you, you must feel so helpless, and God knows I know what that feels like so I can sympathize. Well my friend it is midnight here and I have to get up for work so I will say goodnight but say a special prayer for you and Danny tonight and I will check in on you tomorrow night.

Love You,

Try and get some sleep...it's only 9 o'clock here but I'm headed for bed, too. Talk to you later. my friend. If you feel like it, send me your phone number on that personal thing, and we can talk here and there.

Love you, Karen :wub:

Karen and Wendy, I thought of both you after I read your posts last night, and I hope you got some sleep. I am so grateful that you are there for each other in such a special way. You are in our prayers . . .

Hanging in there. The caseworker went there today and there were some people there that shouldn't be. She tried to scare him by telling him he won't have a place to live if this continues, and that is true. He will lose his Section 8 subsidy for housing and that will be it. My daughter and I are going up there Monday and see what we can do. We just have to get through the week-end without anything happening so the apartment management doesn't have to call the police. People with healthy children are so lucky. Well, you try to have a relatively nice week-end and stay strong. I will, too.

Love, Karen :wub:

Oh Karen I hope he behaves through the weekend at least. Does he respond calmly and listen to you when you talk to him? Would it be easier for you for him to stay with you instead or is that a bigger problem? I hope you can have a nice quiet and calm weekend, get some rest and I will be checking in when I can.

Love,

You know, this disorder makes him always quiet. I know he's well aware of what's happening. I had him live with me the last time he was evicted for about 3 or 4 months. The only drugs he had then were his prescribed ones and he did fine...just paced, smoked, and an occasional smile at something in his head. I can't do it again because when there are drug people involved they tend to follow the person they have leached on....I would be afraid, and it isn't recommended by the caseworker. I would also be enabling his actions. Maybe he has to get to ground zero to get rid of them. I don't know. I just pray a lot. The sun is out and my garden is growing, I'm going fishing in my boat tomorrow with my daughter and son-in-law and there's nothing I can do until I get up there. I may just have a few glasses of wine as well. Have a peaceful week-end.

Guest Gamer205

I will pray about it KarenB,been a while since I have been on,not had the internet for a while,been going to my cusin's house and geting on,I will pray about it and its my hope that things will get much better!

wishing you the best

Gamer205-Robert Fraley :D

Thank you so very much. Prayers will be the only thing that will keep him going. I'm going up there Monday and bring him some food and see how things are. He doesn't have a phone, so I can't call him. It will work out, I pray.

Thank you, my friend.

Thanks, Wendy. Today is uneventful. Bought my once-a-month food for Danny that I always do in hopes that "they" don't eat it all. Went out in my boat fishing but caught nothing - too late in the day but it was pretty. I volunteered at our food bank, and mowed the lawn. I will go see Danny tomorrow and meet the caseworker there. I hope I can talk him into some sense for his own good. It's hard, but I always try. I hope your weekend is going well for you, my friend.....uneventful and somewhat peaceful. Thanks so much for being there and being my friend.

Love you, Karen :wub: