Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hellow ny friends .I just came back from my fathers island.I have not been there since 40 years.I could not recognise the place I knew but it was like going back to the past to my identity before I met YIANY Ihave 8 fist cousins and felt like a safity net around me and gave to me and my brother alot of love.My aunt is 93,The first day she could not regognise me but the next day I told her that Iloved herand she just whispered < I have been waiting for you>.I wish I gould be able to say to YIANY how much Iloved him but Idid not cause I did not want to make him cry .He never knew that he had cancer and was dying.I always feel guilty it was very hard for me and my boys wachiung To him dy and for him to have hope that he will be coming home soon.Well i wanted to say Im back its nice to know that my far away friends are here for me.TENY

Teny -

I'm glad you are back OK and that you came back to us here. It sounds like you have some good memories to hold in your heart now. I think it's OK to tell Yiany that you love him. Where Yiany is now, he knows that you will be together again, and he will be happy to hear you say you love him. But if you can't it's OK too, because he knows you love him, and he understands. Remember those of us left to grieve, we are all in this together, and one day our grief will end and then no one and nothing will ever take away our joy again.

Your friend,

- Joe

Teny,

I'm glad you got to go to your father's island and be with some of your family after all these years. It's okay to tell Yiany you love him, where he is now, he can handle it. He will understand that you wanted to spare him and make his last days happy.

KayC

Hello Teny, glad to hear from you and about your trip. I have to share with you that Larrys last days were just the opposite of your experience. He had been told by the doctors that he was dying but myself and his family did not know this until after he died within a few short days. I knew the look on his face and how he never took his eyes off of me, that something had changed but never did I think he was going to die. I don't think he bring himself to say the words, he knew I would be lost without him. I guess either way this has happened to Yanni and Larry, no matter how it ended, it was going to be devastating. He knows you love him Teny, now and forever. Deborah