Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Your Opinion On Singles Online

karenb

Now,you know I'm 69, my Jack has been gone for over 3 years, I still love him, I'm a member of a good churh with great women companions, volunteer with the food bank and try to do everything I can to better myself. Now, I'm wondering if I might like to talk to a male person now and then...only talk. What do you think about going on "safe" places to be? I sure would like your opinions because I've never been in this position before.

Your friend...Karen ;)

Have never used anything like this, but please be "safe". You never know what is on the other side of that email. It did work out for Wendy and Fred but they also knew a lot about each other from this site.

Just, please, be careful

Karen:

Would you just like to talk to a male person or do you want to talk and then possibly meet up with that person? I think it is good that you want to have some male companionship, but do be careful. I also do not know of "safe" places to meet. It doesn't matter if it is male or female. If you do want to meet someone, make sure you get to know them first by conversation and then possibly things can go from there. Also, at first go in your own car. I know that it sounds that you can't trust anyone, but you never know.

Right now for me it is way too soon to want to meet someone, but I feel really lonely, especially on the weekends. I am 57 and I don't know how it would feel to start the dating scene again. To me it seems really strange after 20 years of not having to worry about that. I know that in the future, I possibly would like to have a relationship with someone. Maybe to go to dinner, or a show. I do want to travel, Alex, my husband did not like to travel much.

I hope it works out for you. Let me know.

Love and God Bless,

Jeanne

Karen,

With all of the thigs we have with the internet it makes stuff like this so much easier. The advise that has been given is very good. The site that I liked the most was christianmingle.com In your profile you can put what you are looking for and if that is only friendship then they know that up front. If you pay for the service you also then have access to the chat rooms which I really enjoyed and made some great friends. However do be very careful what you say and do. There are a lot of men out there that are there loooking for a free ride and to see what they can get away with. BUt other than thaat I think it is a great way to meet people. Also christian mingle will have get togethers in different states where a whole group of peple get to gether and go out to eat or do some different things in the area during the weekend. I attended one of these and had a blast.

Love always

Derek

Thank you so much you guys

I know of a Christian Singles site here and I'll try that one. It's so very strange to even think of this, but my very close friends think it might be okay to give this a try. My daughter has given me little things to be cautious of and I will....like an email address just for this type of thing, and my lady friends at Curves have all kinds of "things" to be careful of...like meeting the person at Curves where they will take stock of him. I am very lucky to have such good friends. Thanks, you guys. Wish me luck...at 69 I need it.

Your friend, Karen :wub::wub:

I forgot about that one, yes a different e-mail address is very good that way you can shut the address off with out having to tell all of your friends that you now have to change your e-mail. I wished I would have done that when I first started dating. I had to block one address because she wouldn't leave me alone.

Love always

Derek